Astro Boy PS2 Game Reading Disc Error

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Astro Boy PS2 Game Reading Disc Error

Postby BigFox8 » 9 years ago

My Astro Boy Game WILL NOT BE READ!!!!!!! I went to this game shop called Ultimately Rare and bought Astro Boy (2004) for my PS2. (It's a slim model) and I want to play it. I put in the disc in it and then it keeps on saying "Reading Disc" and then I press the X Button on the controller to select the disc icon, and then it does it again!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Who can help me solve that problem?!?! Sorry for the temper tantrum. :astro: :hyo: :tenma: :o cha: Image
Last edited by BigFox8 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Because I had to change the word "Console" to "Controller"

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

My own disk has issues booting up but it eventually goes through... I think it's a manufacturer error and I'd see about either getting it replaced or get a refund.

However a good thing to try before all that is to try playing it in a different machine, it could just be your system with that game (I had this happen to my disks of Chrono Cross, my own system wouldn't read them but my friend's did).

Also, I noticed that you're from the UK. I doubt this is the problem but I'd also double check to make sure the disk is for your region. :d oh:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

Probably scratched. Ask them to run it in a disc repair machine.
I'm on Twitter.

BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby BigFox8 » 9 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:My own disk has issues booting up but it eventually goes through... I think it's a manufacturer error and I'd see about either getting it replaced or get a refund.

However a good thing to try before all that is to try playing it in a different machine, it could just be your system with that game (I had this happen to my disks of Chrono Cross, my own system wouldn't read them but my friend's did).
Thanks for the reply, but my dad will take it to Ultimately Rare to get it fixed. :astro:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Hopefully it was just scratches and stuff. I've just had so many instances where it wasn't scratches I sort of overlook that as a possibility :blush:

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

You can try cleaning the disk with glass cleaner, this sometimes helps dirty DVDs.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 9 years ago

You can also try to read it on a computer, the format is compatible (although the game itself won't run of course). If you can't read it on a computer, then the disc certainly has issues.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”