Astro is the 20th Best Robot of All Time

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Astro is the 20th Best Robot of All Time

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2011/01/the-40-best-robots-of-all-time-fictional-or-real.html?p=3

Yep, it's another one of those "Top __ Things" listings. Paste Magazine had done one for the top 40 best robots of all time.

Astro Boy ranked 20th. You can check the list to see the rest, just be cautious of the comments on the site, knowing websites and top listings like these, there's bound to be angry people posting trash. <_<

For the record, Maria from the German Metropolis classic, which inspired Tezuka's own Metropolis, was ranked in 11. And my other favorite robot, Mega Man, got in 35.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

In general, I am disappointed with that list. Atom and Doraemon should have been higher on the list. And I don't see why Wall-e should be #1.

I do agree with some of the people that commented on the article. Some very notable robots failed to make the list. And what about C3P-O? You can't have R2-D2 by himself!

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

I think they were more or less focusing on the most well-known, iconic of robot characters. That said, I am a little surprised that Mega Man didn't rank higher, he's pretty iconic.

Anyway, it's probably why Wall-E was ranked number 1. I mean, EVERYBODY knows him.

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 13 years ago

WHAT?
Now I'm sad TT.TT
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"I-Am-Atom's-Sister" wrote:WHAT?
Now I'm sad TT.TT

Would you rather he be ranked last or not make it on the list? It's better that he ranked 20th.

iceytina
Kokoro Robot

Postby iceytina » 13 years ago

Wow. Data is #4. To this, I am glad, but like others said, why Wall-e? And my high concern over what happened to the Energizer Bunny is at last satisfied.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Rosie got ahead of Astro? UNFAIR! >_<

Although, I'm glad Wall-e got number 1, he is a special robot :blush:

Oh well, at least Astro beat Mega Man, bwaha take that copycat hero!

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"Alittleacorn" wrote:Oh well, at least Astro beat Mega Man, bwaha take that copycat hero!

God I am freaking sick and tired of hearing all of this crap that Mega Man is a 'copycat'. And to be frank, it is offending.

He was possibly inspired by Astro Boy, but many other things had also inspired the creation and storyline behind the franchise, such as Casshern. I'm just so sick of hearing this.

And for the record, if anyone thinks of Astro Boy's arm cannon and Mega Man's Mega Buster, let me say that Mega's Mega Buster came first.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I'm sorry but that's just how I feel about Mega Man, more so after what Ghost told me with people on Black Op mistaking Astro Boy as a rip off of that. =(

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"Alittleacorn" wrote:I'm sorry but that's just how I feel about Mega Man, more so after what Ghost told me with people on Black Op mistaking Astro Boy as a rip off of that. =(

They only have a few similarities though.

Jetter Mars is more of a 'rip-off' than Mega Man will ever be. Of course we're all entitled to our opinions, but it still irritates me greatly.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”