If Tezuka were still alive, what you would ask him?

Off topic discussion.
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

If Tezuka were still alive, what you would ask him?

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Straight-forward, topic title says everything. I've seen such similar threads before on TiE, which is completely inactive... and I guess I suppose we could use a few different, Tezuka-in-general threads every once in awhile...

My question would be, "Did you ever thought your legacy as a mangaka and an animator would become this big and widely-respected, even after all of these years, especially in your home country of Japan?"

And,

"Do you own a real red beret?" I've seen Tezuka in many berets before, but almost none of them seemed to be red. I'm sure a fan might be able to answer that though.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

My question would be "since you've tried different animation methods, why haven't you tried making a film like Fantasia? I'm surprised that you haven't tackled an animation set to classical music".

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 13 years ago

Well since i'm a grapich designer it just verry straight forward the first question i would ask would be if i could join Tezuka Productions :D

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

can I get an autograph or maby take a picture with you????????
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

"Xenops" wrote:My question would be "since you've tried different animation methods, why haven't you tried making a film like Fantasia? I'm surprised that you haven't tackled an animation set to classical music".

FYI - Tezuka was a huge Beethoven fan (wrote a manga about him), and Astro Boy (original 1960's anime) was brought to life to Beethoven's Fifth (complete with Dr. Boynton punching out the "Da-da-da-daaaaaaaaaah" on computer console buttons! :p

Classical music is used at numerous times throughout the original anime, and believe I've heard it in the 1980's (still learning about that series). And the 2003 anime had original classical-style music created for it, although I gather it was only used on the Japanese version. In the US we got the rock-style, "tough guy" background music. :(

But it WOULD have been cool to have him create animation TO the music ala Disney... :)

My questions:

If you would you consider re-telling Astro's story, one more time -- what revisions would you make?

How do you feel about the extensive editing and repackaging of your work? Would you make original versions readily available
worldwide?
Last edited by AprilSeven on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

CAN YOU MAKE ASTRO BOY 2!?!?!?!?!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Xenops" wrote:My question would be "since you've tried different animation methods, why haven't you tried making a film like Fantasia? I'm surprised that you haven't tackled an animation set to classical music".

You mustn't have heard of "Tale of a Street Corner" (uses original music), "Pictures at an Exhibition", and especially the wonderful "Legend of the Forest". The latter is considered the Fantasia of Japan, and Tezuka's son, Macoto, has said he wanted the finish the middle parts that Tezuka never had time to do.
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:Macoto, has said he wanted the finish the middle parts that Tezuka never had time to do.

I've heard of that several years ago, awhile actually. How is progress on it? I haven't heard anything since.

iceytina
Kokoro Robot

Postby iceytina » 13 years ago

1. Do you think Imagi Studios portrayed you (physically) to your expectations in their 2009 Astro Boy animation?

2. What do you think of Yanni's (musician) mission to reach out to others as a "citizen of the world"? As you said that "comics are a universal language", Yanni says that "music is a world language" and seeks to bring people together through his contemporary orchestral compositions, especially those like Niki Nana (We Are One) and World Dance.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

I would ask for an autograph, and advice on drawing manga.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Return to “General Discussion”