Huge Tezuka manga kickstarter coming (DMP) !!!!

Off topic discussion.
Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Huge Tezuka manga kickstarter coming (DMP) !!!!

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 9 years ago

This hasn't even been posted here well there you go :
Around 4pm, should we officially announce the titles for the upcoming #Tezuka kickstarter? (Schedule to launch next week or the following)

Update Teaser: Kickstarter is for 6 Tezuka Series = Grand total of 31 vols. Main Goal: 3-eyed one + Rainbow Parakeet. More tmrw-10am

#Tezuka Update Teaser: Once we reach our main goal, we move on to Stretch Goal #1: Publishing Wonder 3 + Alabaster!! :) More tmrw -10am

#Tezuka Update Teaser: After we complete our Stretch Goal #1, we move on to Stretch Goal #2: Publishing Vampires + BirdMan Anthology!!

DMP's twitter https://twitter.com/digitalmanga

Who is excited ? !!!! :p have some money ready for this month this is going to be huge !!!
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

Postby Daiya Mondo » 9 years ago

>rainbow paraket
ooooooh

>vampires
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
ImageImage!

icon commissioned by birries!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

Whenever this goes up, I'm giving them a super meaty pledge. I don't even care if my budget allows; this is the Kickstarter of a lifetime.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

Look what I just got in my [url=http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4de775be3d811031565af2958&id=7ac5852884&e=48a4cc9153]email[/url].

I contributed to the publication of Tezuka's "Babara" a couple years ago, so I can vouch for these folks. They did a great job (took a little longer than they thought it might, but they got it done).

image001.png
image001.png (378.9 KiB) Viewed 2397 times

Digital Manga Inc. Launches Tezuka's World Kickstarter Campaign…

Crowd Funding for Tezuka Backlist Starting with Six Titles/31 Volumes!

Fans asked, DMI listened.

Gardena, CA (October 21, 2014) Long time manga publisher, Digital Manga Inc. (DMI), is excited to announce today the launch of their new Kickstarter campaign, Tezuka's World Release Manga Inc.’s campaign begins now for 30 days, from 10/21/2014 to 11/20/2014, with plans to publish to English, some of the most highly requested titles from Tezuka Production’s library of manga titles—The Three-Eyed One, Rainbow Parakeet, Wonder 3, Alabaster, The Vampires, and Birdman Anthology in their continued effort to expose the Western audience to more classic Tezuka titles. With previously successful Tezuka Kickstarter campaigns such as Captain Ken, Unico, Barbara, and Atomcat, DMI, with the support and partnership of Japanese production house, Tezuka Productions, once again seeks fans for their help to bring these widely requested titles to American shores.

Tezuka's World Release Kickstarter Campaign

With an ambitious end goal of $589,000 to publish all six titles, total 31 volumes, Digital Manga’s campaign to fund the localization and production of the books, will start out with a $380,000 goal to get the first two titles published, The Three Eyed One & Rainbow Parakeet, then following a $475,000 stretch goal to get Wonder 3 and Alabaster into production, and finally The Vampires and Birdman Anthology for its final goal. Each of the title series will also include a forward from long time manga scholar and author Fred Schodt. The campaign will also include many reward tiers to backers who support this project. Rare and highly sought after Tezuka related prizes include: the original Astro Boy Poster Schematic that is 31"x43" on heavy bond paper stock that glows in the dark to reveal Astro Boy's inner working parts in color, Digital Manga’s one-of-a-kind customized 4’ foot long Astro Boy exhibit statue, Astro Boy plush, retro Astro Boy Tin windup toys, Tezuka figurines. Planned release date for a majority of the series are set at summer 2015.

Tezuka's World Release Kickstarter Campaign

Digital Manga's ambitious endeavor is to deliver all volumes of publications to the supporters in one big printing for 2015 instead of sporadic releases throughout the year. Not only will the successful campaign help bring in these titles, it will also help Digital Manga to achieve their goal of localizing more Tezuka titles for the future. DMI's mission is to share the love of Tezuka not to just English and Japanese speakers, but to all audiences as well.

The Three-Eyed One

Sharaku Hosuke is a 3-Eyed One descended from an unknown ancient race, and seems an innocent child at times, but when the bandages are removed from his forehead and reveals his third eye, he becomes a dark, merciless boy who will do anything to find his people's history and a place to belong.

Pages: v1:210pgs; v2:232pgs; v3:232pgs; v4:208pgs; v5:252pgs; v6:232pgs; v7:232pgs; v8:254pgs; v9:232pgs; v10:232pgs; v11:200pgs; v12:200pgs; v13:208pgs

Kickstarter Release date: Vol.1-13: 7/2015

Rainbow Parakeet

Rainbow Parakeet is an actor of wide renown as a master of mimicry and disguise who fills in difficult roles for a small fee: the employers must turn a blind eye to his thieving, but young and spunky detective Senri Mariko relentlessly pursues him, always a few steps behind.

Pages: v1:220pgs; v2:208pgs; v3:208pgs; v4:232pgs; v5:224pgs; v6:216pgs; v7:248pgs

Kickstarter Release date: Vol.1-7: 7/2015

Wonder Three

In the series, Wonder 3, it is the year 196X, and in a world beset with constant war can humanity redeem itself in one year before the galactic space federation decides to end Earth once and for all?

Pages: v1:200pgs; v2:256pgs; v3:232pgs

Kickstarter Release date: Vol.1-3: 7/2015

Alabaster

Alabaster is about James Block, a once famous athlete, now infamous villain Alabaster, who seeks revenge on those who've betrayed him and revolts on anything he considers beautiful. He adopts a girl Ami who he regards as the perfect invisible woman, but will her hope of young love for another man be Alabaster's undoing?

Pages: v1:272pgs; v2:224pgs

Kickstarter Release date: Vol.1-2: 7/2015

The Vampires

The Vampires has young werewolf boy, Toppei, move to Tokyo in search of his missing father, but when he is witnessed killing a man in his transformed state he is embroiled in Rokuro Makube's devious machinations for money and power. Will Toppei ever be able to free himself in order to find his father?

Pages: v1:200pgs; v2:192pgs; v3:224pgs; v4:264pgs

Kickstarter Release date: Vol.1-4: 7/2015

Birdman Anthology

In Birdman Anthology, it was decided through galactic intervention that humans were unfit to run society, so special seeds were scattered throughout Earth that evolves birds into the dominant sentient race. They believed they were better than the humans that lived on Earth, however it seems that history always has a way of repeating itself…

Pages: v1:182pgs; v2:258pgs

Kickstarter Release date: Vol.1-2: 7/2015

Digital Manga Inc. has over 20 years of experience publishing manga, and president and founder, Hikaru Sasahara, personally knew Tezuka and his dreams of world unity. Hikaru had created Digital Manga, Inc. in order to bring about his concept of "East meets West," and has published many manga including other Tezuka titles like Barbara, Unico, Triton of the Sea, and the upcoming Captain Ken.

"Producing a complete Tezuka manga library in English has always been my dream, and I am thrilled to make it happen, but only with the support from all the Tezuka fans…" - Hikaru Sasahara - Digital Manga Inc. - President

Tezuka Productions has brought to the anime and manga industry controversial books that always pushed the boundaries of what it means to be human. Tezuka does not shy away from showing all the facets of humanity, whether it be sorrow, joy, humor, tragedy, these things encompass what it means to live no matter what type of skin, color, shape, or gender others have. Some famous books Tezuka and his production company have published are Astro Boy, Blackjack, Unico, and Buddha.

Questions? Contact us at: [email]contact@emanga.com[/email]

About Digital Manga Inc.

Located in Gardena, CA, Digital Manga Inc. is one of the industry's most unconventional and innovative companies, specializing in building corporate and cultural bridges from Japan to the West - specifically through the licensing, importation, and preparation of anime (Japanese animation), manga (Japanese comic books) and related merchandise for North America's mainstream and niche markets. In this capacity, DMI serves as a catalyst for the spread of Japanese pop culture institutions into the global arena. The company's imprint lines include DMP (its mainstream imprint), DMP Platinum (its classic manga imprint), JUNÉ (its boys love imprint), 801 MEDIA (its adult boys love imprint), DokiDoki (its exclusive co-publishing imprint with Shinshokan Publishing), DH/DMP (a co-publishing venture with Dark Horse Comics, Project H (its Seinen Hentai manga imprint) and DMG (a new forefront for its digital distribution initiative).

For more information about Digital Manga Publishing, visit [url]http://www.digitalmanga.com[/url] as well as:

[url]http://www.dmpplatinum.com/[/url]

[[url]www.dmpbooks.com]www.dmpbooks.com[/url]

[url]http://www.junemanga.com[/url]

[url]http://www.digitalmangaguild.com[/url]

[url]https://www.emanga.com/tezuka[/url]

[url]https://www.akadot.com/[/url]

Follow us on twitter @digitalmanga
Find us on Facebook: Digital Manga Inc.
Last edited by AprilSeven on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 9 years ago

Going nowhere so far i do think they did a terrible job with the reward tiers and the amount is so much :sick: i did gave it my all with a pledge of $ 800.00 but doesn't seem like i'm going to lose that money .... :cry:
And of course the only thing i went for with such a big amount was all strech goals which seems light years away.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

If DMP would let you choose which volumes you want I'd take the $215 tier for 6 volumes, but as it stands I only contributed $30. They've gone completely silent in responding to questions or requests so I assume they're either brainstorming some changes or have given up.
I'm on Twitter.

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

Postby Daiya Mondo » 9 years ago

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalmanga/tezukas-world-release-publishing-osamu-tezuka-mang/posts

there has been some update/information? or at least, they gave an explanation of why the reward tiers were so high.
ImageImage!

icon commissioned by birries!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Daiya Mondo" wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalmanga/tezukas-world-release-publishing-osamu-tezuka-mang/posts

there has been some update/information? or at least, they gave an explanation of why the reward tiers were so high.

Yep, I upped my pledge to the brand new $110 tier now. Gotta get that Wonder 3.

The video from the DMP president is a must-watch. The gist of it is that the reason the goal is so high is because it would allow them to release all 400 volumes of Tezuka manga they licensed in the next 6 years as opposed to the 50-60 years it would normally take.

Gonna have to side with Fauna and call this the Kickstarter of a lifetime.
I'm on Twitter.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

I'm so confused with the reward tiers, and I've got to really scan them before I choose. I really want Vampires, Wonder 3, and Rainbow Parakeet most of all, but I don't know just how high I can go. I just wish there wasn't so much padding with the rewards (i.e. getting a bunch of cards, stickers, and a bag, when I'd rather get one book instead of all that.)
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Fauna" wrote:I'm so confused with the reward tiers, and I've got to really scan them before I choose. I really want Vampires, Wonder 3, and Rainbow Parakeet most of all, but I don't know just how high I can go. I just wish there wasn't so much padding with the rewards (i.e. getting a bunch of cards, stickers, and a bag, when I'd rather get one book instead of all that.)

Those three titles are from different stretch goals and tiers, so you'd have to pick one and get the rest later at retail (unless you're okay with getting most of them digital which only requires $110 to get them all), and then maybe change your pledge at the last minute if it looks like the stretch goal of the title you picked isn't gonna make it.

EDIT: There's possibly the $520 tier that includes both Rainbow Parakeet and Wonder 3, and two other titles. That's 80% of all volumes and is 80% the amount of money required for all 6 titles ($650).
Last edited by F-Man on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “General Discussion”