LIVE-ACTION MIGHTY ATOM

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

LIVE-ACTION MIGHTY ATOM

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

In this thread, I will discuss the serial, but only in general. There are 5 stories reproduced in 13 episodes each, for a total of 65 episodes. However, only the first story Führer ZZZ, has all 13 segments; the remaining 4 stories each lack at least 1 episode. :cry: Fret not, because after viewing the whole 8 disc set, I did not notice any important details had been omitted.

First, here are a few frames from the opening of the 1st episode ONE-LEGGED TRACK, these are repeated in the others:

These 2 are from a fluid animation drawing Atom's Head from a stating point to the finished noggin.

Scientists discuss building robots, perhaps Atom, in particular.

reduction in the size of electronic components gives this "ELECTRO-BRAIN" as Schodt translates it.

The narrative names a scientist who created this plasic skin, but I am unsure of his name.

The man (left) will bump into the fat robot.

I assume these headlines are about the bump.

As the chest area is shown the sound of ricocheting bullets is heard. :astro:

four fingers, counting the thumb.

Now begins the lift-off.

He is airborne!

:p

Now, for some frames from the closing sequence:

The bow.

The boy: Segawa Masato. :astro:
Last edited by AprilSeven on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

:lol:

I wonder how old he (Segawa Masato) was! How did you find it, jeffbert? That movie has always seem so boring to me!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Well, it was heavily embellished, to say the least. Yet, I did not find it tedious for the most part.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Awww, what a cute little kid! Bet he was glad to get out of that dopey headpiece!! I can't help but wonder if this is how Tezuka "saw" Tobio looking in real life! So I guess they never made a show with Tobio dying and Atom being created...?

Great finds, Jeffbert!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:p

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

That boy is so cute!!!! No wonder he was Atom. :w00t: :astro: :p :lol:
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Awww, what a cute little kid! Bet he was glad to get out of that dopey headpiece!! I can't help but wonder if this is how Tezuka "saw" Tobio looking in real life! So I guess they never made a show with Tobio dying and Atom being created...?

Great finds, Jeffbert!

As far as I know, Tezuka hated the show and at one time even denied its existence. As a matter of fact it is said that after seeing this series, he desired to present Atom himself and that is what inspired Tezuka to do the animated series.
But the series does have a charm all its own, despite any criticism from Dr. Tezuka!

I :heart: :astro: :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

:hyo: I may have seen a reference to this show in Schodt's book, but do not recall anything negative about it. :ninja: I guess I need to look again!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 11 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote: :hyo: I may have seen a reference to this show in Schodt's book, but do not recall anything negative about it. :ninja: I guess I need to look again!

I believe I read about Tezuka's negative review and denial of the live-action series' existence in Fred Patten's book, "Watching Anime, Reading Manga..."

I :heart: :astro: :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”