Astroboy Merchandise 1963

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
underm54
Kokoro Robot

Astroboy Merchandise 1963

Postby underm54 » 9 years ago

When Atroboy premiered in 1963 in America it was a hit. Now unlike today if something is a hit we will see all kinds of merchandise. When they did the 2003 reboot there was merchandise. Even when they did the 2009 movie version of Astroboy there was merchandise. But in 63 merchandise was rare. Around late 63 and 6 there was a company called Helms Bakery. Helms was a traveling bakery that sponsored AStroboy and were selling a 45 record of Astroboy, of course I was one of the unfortunate that could not afford to buy it.
Recently I was looking on Ebay to find a Astroboy soundtrack. I saw this record that said soundtrack but unfortunately when I got this I wished I could have gotten it when Astroboy was at his peek in 64, I would have loved. It was a soundtrack and dialogue from one of the episodes. The episode was called the Three magicians, a good episode. But like I said I wish I could have gotten it when I was a kid, in those days we had no vhs or dvd's, it would have been a prized possession.
We are fortunate now that there is tons or Merchandise of Asrtoboy from Japan that runs a pretty penny. In my days it was rare. From the 1963 series even to the 1980,s I know there was merchandise from Japan and it is expensive. I wish I could have bough the golden Key comic book but I didn't like the artwork but that is a collectors item that goes up quite a bit now. I hope you enjoy this little essay, take it easy folks.
P.S. I hope I did thus right and put it in the right post, if not just tell me please. I included a coupe of pictures that I hope came out right. Happy Halloween!
Last edited by underm54 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”