Website In Desperate Need of Atom/Astro Boy Stories

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AtomFansUnite
Kokoro Robot

Website In Desperate Need of Atom/Astro Boy Stories

Postby AtomFansUnite » 10 years ago

Hi everyone. :D Let me start off with saying how GREAT this website is. I'm newly registered but I've been coming here for a while.

Anyway, I've recently discovered this website called, Archive Of Our Own. They're a lot like FanFiction.Net but you need an invite to be a user because of the bandwidth. It's easy to get one though! I got mine in 24 hours.

Anyway, anyway, they only have 5 stories for Astro boy! :eek:
I feel that this website could use more Atomu! I'm not very good at writing stories so I'd thought I'd ask. Anyone else with me?

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

"AtomFansUnite" wrote:Hi everyone. :D Let me start off with saying how GREAT this website is. I'm newly registered but I've been coming here for a while.

Anyway, I've recently discovered this website called, Archive Of Our Own. They're a lot like FanFiction.Net but you need an invite to be a user because of the bandwidth. It's easy to get one though! I got mine in 24 hours.

Anyway, anyway, they only have 5 stories for Astro boy! :eek:
I feel that this website could use more Atomu! I'm not very good at writing stories so I'd thought I'd ask. Anyone else with me?

Well, if members can invite other members, maybe you can invite me?
Look in my sig to see a link see me on fanfiction.net and take a look at write I've been writing.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Welcome, AtomFansUnite, and I'm glad you've become a member here.

You know, another thing you might do is invite your other Atom fans/friends to join us over here! :D

It's great to be a member of different sites, but it would be fantastic if "ABO" became "THE" place for Atom Fans to Unite! ;) It sounds like they don't want to grow so large as to "bog down" the server. That's all the more reason to send the other Atom-fans over here (this forum is big enough for LOTS of people! :w00t:

BTW, it took me years to work up the courage to write fan fiction, but it's really fun, and now my only problem is not having enough time for all I'd like to do.

Tetsuwan Penguin is a VERY prolific author, and has also written a number of crossover stories that are really great.

I'm also on fanfiction.net (look in the Fan Creations forum here, and you'll see my story - "Full Circle")
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

Hm, I've heard of them, but I didn't know about that little detail. I'm not sure if I've ever read anything off of there, either- although you might need to be a member to do that, for all I know.

I'm on FF as Toffee Fox. I don't know so much about the quality of my stories, but at least a few people seem to enjoy them (in a sort of masochistic way).
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I love Archive of Our Own, I've been a member for quite some time now. I want to start writing again but have not found the time to do so.

We have many many talented authors here that I am sure they would love to contribute to this wonderful fiction hosting site.

And... Welcome to this site!

AtomFansUnite
Kokoro Robot

Wow, lol. Lots of replies already.
Tetsuwan Penguin: It says I can on the home page, but I still need to figure that one out. Lots to learn on this site! I'll get back to you as soon as I can. And I'll go and check out your stories.
AprilSeven: Thanks! So far this is the place for Atom fans and it's AWESOME. And I will invite everyone I can to come here. I'll absolutely check out your story!
Little Brown Fox: You can read even if you're not a user, unless a user has fixed it so only a registered user can read their stories.
Earthshine: Thanks! It's great to be here. AO3 is a great fanfic site! I hope you have time for writing soon.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

I don't suppose I'd mind an additional platform to post my stories on, no... and that sounds like a much sorrier state than even FanFiction.net, where I host my angsty shlock at. :3
lolwut

AtomFansUnite
Kokoro Robot

Yeah, it's a good website. They're in the beta stage and need donations to keep running. They don't make their money off adds and stuff.
I would donate but don't have much money. :( There are other ways to help though!

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 10 years ago

I'm a member of A03, though all of my fanfics are still mostly just on posted on ff.net. I haven't found a voice for Astro fanfiction yet, but when I do I plan to post it there. It's such a great archiving system, way easier to browse and find what you're in the mood for.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

AtomFansUnite
Kokoro Robot

MrsEclipse: It is pretty awesome. :)
Tetsuwan Penguin: Hey Tp, I just found out that the website has to give users the invitation codes to invite other people. I don't have one. :( Sorry!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”