MSN users, is this a bugged update?

Off topic discussion.
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

MSN users, is this a bugged update?

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

I tried to sign into MSN just now, and it said that I was required to install the newest update to continue. I assumed this to be of the 2010/2011 version of MSN, one that many people dislike and criticize, and I am no exception to this. But having no choice, I hit install.

But when it finished and re-signed into it, everything looked like the older MSN 2009 version, the one I prefer. And while I'm not complaining that I apparently still have a usable older version of MSN on my computer, it's still very odd as I thought it installed the newer version.

I asked some other MSN users, they were required to install the update as well and also said that it looked like the older MSN as well. We're however completely unsure if this was intentional or not, or whether this was a bug or something.

Does anyone have any idea what happened?

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

I don't know what is up with m!cr0$0f7 msn clients, I use empathy ( built into the gnome desktop on ubuntu Linux ) or amsn ( an other opensorce msn network client ) I have never had any appreciable trouble with them
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Yeah, I've heard of various other clients, but I really don't like using them.

iceytina
Kokoro Robot

Postby iceytina » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Yeah, I've heard of various other clients, but I really don't like using them.

I'd tun over to W7 to check MSN as I don't want to install the updated one either, but I wouldn't be surprised either way if the new one looks older or newer. I'm on Linux, enjoying the freedom of it, and using "emesene" IM client haha.

I would say get rid of that sad bloatware and use the older version again if you can. =|

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

God, you two are completely missing the point.

MSN said it had a new update. I installed it, thinking it would be the latest version that I dislike. But when I re-signed in, everything is STILL the old MSN, the one I prefer and would prefer to keep, which is allowing me apparently.

I was just asking if this was intentional or not. The update even fixed some bugs that the old MSN was having.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

well M$ probably went back the the older ui and fixed some buggs because people hated the "new" one.

@iceytina
you use linux!!!!, what distro???????.

I used to use mandriva then swiched to ubuntu when mandriva started to fall apart.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

No offense, but I do not want to hear about "M$" anymore, I'm sick and tired about hearing that even though I partially agree with people at times.

iceytina
Kokoro Robot

Postby iceytina » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:God, you two are completely missing the point.

MSN said it had a new update. I was just asking if this was intentional or not. The update even fixed some bugs that the old MSN was having.

To directly answer your question, MSN has not prompted me to update the client.

Return to “General Discussion”