Any DC or Marvel comic fans here?

Off topic discussion.
Ghost
Banned

Any DC or Marvel comic fans here?

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Well, here is something that I would like to hear about from you guys. Are any of you fans of characters from DC comics or even Marvel?

For those of you who don't know what these companies are. DC own characters such as : Superman, Batman, Wonder woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, ect.

Marvel owns characters like :Spider-Man, the Hulk, Wolverine, (and all the other characters in the X-men) Deadpool, Captain America, the Punisher, ect.

Now, I use to be big into Marvel and I use to be a really huge into Spider-Man when I was young. What mainly made me turn away from this was the third Spider-Man movie directed by Sam Raimi. That movie was a total failure in my eyes and was a huge disappointment.

Now I'm not into super heroes as I use to but I'm getting back into it a little. Only now I'm leaning more to the DC characters. As of now I'm huge fan of Batman. I do like Superman as well but not as much as Batman, I just like the idea of his character. Not only that but he has one of the best villains ever. I'm not saying that because of the Christopher Nolan films.

(Both movies were good but I'm trying not to talk about those. Do I really need to say that Heath Ledger was awesome as the Joker?)

I got into Batman when the first movie came out, then I revisited old animated series of Batman. Mark Hamil IS the Joker as far as I'm concerned for animated series. Now a lot of people don't know that Hamil played Luke Skywalker in the first three Star Wars movies and also did the voice of the Joker for the original animated series and all the spin-offs. Now Health Ledger was good but Hamil's laugh is like no other.

I will admit, I am not a big fan of Robin or the original series that starred Adam West.

So my question is there anyone on here that is a fan of any DC or Marvel comic fans here? What is your favorite character? Why? I'm just curious.

But as of now, mine would have to be Batman.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

I would say I'm a "casual" fan of Marvel comics. Most of my exposure has been from the live-action films. I enjoyed what Sam Raimi did with the first two Spiderman films, and I've enjoyed the first Iron Man film with Downy Jr. I rewatched the X-Men films recently, and I thought the characters were dry. I got the impression that they were better developed in the comics.

With D.C. Comics, not so much of a fan. Yeah Batman has the "cool" factor going for him, but the heroes of D.C. seem unapproachable. For example Peter Parker is interesting because he is a normal human who happened to get bit. We watch him as he struggles with his spidey-powers. D.C characters have no struggles. :lol:

At least, those are my thoughts.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

My fave is Thor and the fantastic 4 and Nick Fury agent of shield. I love the Steranko episodes with the Jack Kirby backgrounds!
I Loved the Kirby Thors. Or anything that Kirby did after the FF came out. The stuff before FF by Kirby was not sprcial to me. But after he brought out the FF his intricate tek drawings were nothing short of mind blowing! I still don't know how he did all that! I was into Dc , Batman,Superman,and the war comics, Green Lantern,and flash, and I had some Metal men comics too. But I dropped DC for Marvel!
But my favorite comic before Kirby was this one...
The original Purple Claw blew my juvenile prepubescent mind! :lol:
OMG how I loved that book!
And look here!Actually! The first issue of Purple Claw online! "The Origin of The Purple Claw!" :lol: :w00t: :w00t:
I thought the Purple Claw was the coolest thing in the world!
Last edited by cybotron on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I've always loved Superman - although I barely read any comic books (my parents never let me read comics). But I loved the TV show (the original with George Reeves!) and later Christopher Reeves, and Dean Cain on Lois and Clarke. Superman has that gentle/shy yet powerful thing going on -- like Astro.

I used to watch all the Marvel comic cartoon shows back in the 60's and my favorite was THE MIGHTY THOR (oh yeah!).

And I did like Batman (the goofy 60's show and first movie with Michael Keaton in the roll) :D
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

I'm not too big on American comics, but for some time I did kinda like Batman... and no, not because of 'The Dark Knight' which I still haven't seen and don't really care much for.

I do watch a lot of retro cartoons based on the DC or Marvel comics, such as The Amazing Spider Man, and that one show with the Wonder Twins.

Spider Man, Spider Man
Friendly neighborhood Spider Man

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I've always loved Superman - although I barely read any comic books (my parents never let me read comics). But I loved the TV show (the original with George Reeves!) and later Christopher Reeves, and Dean Cain on Lois and Clarke. Superman has that gentle/shy yet powerful thing going on -- like Astro.

I used to watch all the Marvel comic cartoon shows back in the 60's and my favorite was THE MIGHTY THOR (oh yeah!).

And I did like Batman (the goofy 60's show and first movie with Michael Keaton in the roll) :D

I think I might make another thread about this. A

pril have you ever heard of a Superman movie that Tim Burton was suppose to direct that was titled "Superman Lives?" (aka Superman Reborn) Look this up on google, thankfully it was canceled which was a great thing that happened.

They wanted Nicolas Cage to play Superman :sick: , and it was destined to fail. The plot was going into a horrifically bad direction and it was placed in the hands of a crack pot producer named John Peters. Kevin Smith who made the movies Chasing Amy, Clerks & Clerks 2 was also suppose to write it. He talked about this movie in a comedy DVD that you can watch on YouTube.

(He produced a movie back in the 1990's titled the Wild Wild West with Will Smith.)

The Superman Lives costume is in the middle and far right.
Image :eek:

THIS IS NOT PHOTOSHOPPED!!!
Image :sick:
Last edited by Ghost on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

OMG -- that is HORRID!! Thank God in Heaven that was put out of it's misery and never made it to the theaters!!

Nick C. looks like he's about to woof his cookies! :sick:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Wow, I feel like half of my respect for Tim Burton had just dropped after seeing that...

Well, the rest of it, after Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...

AprilSeven
Silent Song

EEGADS!! Here's a link to a Nick Cage Superdude trailer in Spanish

muy muy mal!!! (think I'm close on that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN_jlMADDSg&feature=related

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:I'm not too big on American comics, but for some time I did kinda like Batman... and no, not because of 'The Dark Knight' which I still haven't seen and don't really care much for.

:o hmy: I would encourage you to watch it not because of Batman, but because of Heath Ledger's Joker. That is the reason to watch the movie.

An American comic writer/artist I would recommend is Mike Mignola. The Hellboy movies are not a good indication of his genius. Read his comics instead.

And I get the idea that Mr. Cage has been desperate for work. :rolleyes:

Return to “General Discussion”