Weird Astro Boy Things On eBay

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Weird Astro Boy Things On eBay

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

I've just started to prowl the auctions for bizarre Astro Boy items, and I've found a few...

This isn't as bizarre as it should be, but it's a set of colour cards supposedly from the 80's series. If you look closely (and I mean closely) you'll see a taller Uran in a new dress, a clearly-older Rag, and Tobio's death thru Astro's selling to the circus. But Tenma's up there, talking to Hamegg, instead of the ole abduction-on-the-cruise-ship version.

With Astro Boy stickers in each pack of Meiji candy, you too can be like the demonic boy in the sailor hat! "I HAVE ATOMU-KUN ON MY HAND AGAHBLLAFFABAH!!1"

These would be pretty cool, but I'd be scared the lil' devils would get caught in my hair.

Whoops, don't know why THIS is in here...

I can imagine the meeting the makers had.
"Oh, um, it's not Astro Boy! He's, er...Cosmic Hero! Yeah! And let's package him wth some inexplicable stick just to differ ourselves!"
As we see on the back of the box, one of Atom's powers are "EYES THAT SEE THROU OBJECT .........."

I'll probably find more within the week, so feel free to post your own pictures of weird merchandise (official or not)!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

The earrings! :lol:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

I just found more...

For the fan that must have everything, here's a Daddy Walrus plush! From the back, it looks like he's trying to hitch up his pants, like they're falling down or something.

I found this really cool Astro wallet, and was so close to buying it...then I looked harder and found it to be a counterfeit.
This one is also fake, and very creepy.

Yo, Astro got a haircut!

And finally, a French-Canadian puzzle from 1984. Uran's got the same dress from that weird colour card set, and for once, is sitting like a lady. And there's Jump/Blip!
Last edited by Fauna on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:Image
And finally, a French-Canadian puzzle from 1984. Uran's got the same dress from that weird colour card set, and for once, is sitting like a lady. And there's Jump/Blip!

I've never been a collector, but I really wish I had been back then!

Merriwebb
Kokoro Robot

I want those earrings!

Postby Merriwebb » 16 years ago

They are so cool! Were they expensive?
:)

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

"Merriwebb" wrote:They are so cool! Were they expensive?
:)

:lol: Well, the auction's still up, right on here. The shipping is soft, but it depends how high you bid.

That's the only pair for sale that you can truly bid on, whereas these other pairs have uncomfortably-high, fixed prices.

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Ninjatron » 16 years ago

Awesome. I'm saving some of these and sharing them on ABW some time. Keep 'em coming!

Sayonara.
Image Image
Image Image

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Thanks- hugs- ebay is better than i thought

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Okay, I think I found the last of them...

Oven mitts, because the first thing we want to do is stick Astro's snow-covered face in the oven.

This is one of many freaky tin toys available. Apparently, Astro would be interested in driving a transport truck.
The box illustration, NOT drawn by Tezuka, is interesting. Apparently Ochanimizu stole a truck and ran over Shunsaku Ban.

There was a 60's deck of cards, but the only noteworthy thing was this messed-up joker card.

This reminds me of a toy I recently saw, with the Hulk on an ATV. The common question...do either of these heroes really need to drive?

This is just plain wrong.

Just putting this up because I'm sure Sigmund Freud would find something wild in this image.

And finally, ever wanted a tiny plate you could never eat off of? Ever wanted to see Astro's colour scheme totally whacked? Well here you go!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 16 years ago

I love the one of him on the scooter for the same reason you gave. Does he even NEED one? I've seen so many toys like that for various super heroes and I think the same thing XD

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”