In-class activity

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

In-class activity

Postby Photar » 9 years ago

Via a painstakingly long process of picture capturing, colour printing, cutting out and then laminating FIFTEEN COPIES I did this activity with a grade three class (7/8 year olds).

Basically i showed each scene that had Photar (including his intro by the Sultan) then the students had to arrange them in the right order.

We then discussed whether or not Bruton was 'evil', and how (believe it or not) they thought of yours truly as Photar (minus all the super-powers).

Finally found an excuse to integrate it into the program!

image.jpg
image.jpg (118.45 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
[sigpic][/sigpic]

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

:lol: So, you are a teacher. It must be an interesting occupation.

Fotar / Epsilon is one of the tragic characters of the body of stories, why did you pick this character as your avatar?

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Basically because he simply reminds me of myself. If I could possibly relate to/empathise with ANY of the robots in the entire series it'd be Photar. In spite of the odd spat Ive had on here we're practically identical in personality and we both look after young children albeit in a slightly different way. Without tooting my own horn Im exceptionally popular with the early-childhood students and they did in fact crowd around me crying when I told them I was leaving to return to my home city for good.

Also he looks flipping awesome and can fly without any obvious propellant - and would've kicked Bruton's ***** if he had started unleashing all that stored lightning 'stuff' on his final descent.

I sincerely appreciate the question Jeff :)

Nice one.

Also to say teaching is 'interesting' pretty much sums it up. You have really awesome days - but when you have a bad one - BOY don't you know about it!
[sigpic][/sigpic]

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

:D I was a part time chess instructor working at various elementary schools either before or after school hours. Most of our students were between 8 & 11, and as such were fairly easy to work with. I enjoyed the work, but had to move away. :cry: Yet, I think I would have a bad time as an Elementary school teacher. 6 hours a day, & I would crack up.

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Hahahaah. You have no idea how many people say that. We're a five day, 8:15 - 3:20pm school and in spite of my obvious preference for a particular Astroboy character - looking after kids that age drives me bonkers.

God bless their hearts and souls but....Oh.....my.....GOD!

"Mr D can I be your partner, Mr D can I carry the equipment, Mr D what are we doing today, Mr D can I be the leader, Mr D I just wet my pants, Mr D my mum said you're hot"

Im telling you it is almost exactly the same demographic from Kindergarten Cop
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I applaud you for your timeless patience and understanding, no wonder why you relate to Photar.

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

"Earthshine" wrote:I applaud you for your timeless patience and understanding, no wonder why you relate to Photar.

Cheers mate :)
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”