Where do you see Astro Boy in 50 years?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Where do you see Astro Boy in 50 years?

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Astro Boy has certainly came a long way since the original 1960 series was aired in black and white. Astro continued to be popular and soon the 1980 series came along, this time in colour. And the 2003 series was sure to follow, celebrating Astro Boy's birthday. And Astro wasn't forgotten - no way - and was again featured in the 2009 movie.

The upcoming Astro Boy games and the Pluto film proved that interest in Astro Boy still hasn't diminished.

Okay, so the question is, what would Astro Boy be like in 50 years time? Would it still be aired, and will new Astro Boy anime (or even CGI) be developed?

And still live on as a world-famous anime character? :confused: :) :) :)

And would Epsilon still be there? :p

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

They might make a new series sometime within 50 years based on either the '60s or '80s series, just a little refined with modern animation.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Honestly, I really think the existence of Astro Boy needs to be spread across places other than Japan. If anything I would kill for another series for Astro Boy. It really would be cool if there was an uncut 03 series even. I didn't hate the 09 but I really wasn't a big fan of it either, it wasn't great but it didn't ruin the series like DBE did for me and many other DB fans.

I'm really tired of hearing from people that Astro Boy is a crappy rip off of Mega man. I just hope for a new series that is new, but keeps it original at the same time. That was one of the problems that I had with the movie.

Please let there be a new series!!!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Where do I see Astro in 50 years....in a nursing home :lol: 109 is an wise old age for a robot lol!

No, I believe Astro's gonna be like Mickey, keep spreading joy and happiness to new generations for years to come. Thing about Astro Boy is the story is vast, it has so many outcomes that you can recreate anything from it. Look at the many anime adaptations, the movie and even Pluto. In anime, CGI or live action he keeps capturing new fans.

That's why, even though I'm not a big fan of Pluto (though the story is awesome) I hope it gets Astro Boy the fandom it deserves overseas. And maybe it'll help if they kept to Atom, since that is his real name. A new name would do him a world of good.

And the Megaman thing, isn't that the other way around? Capcom ripped off of Tezuka's character?

AmericanSailor
Metro City Citizen

Postby AmericanSailor » 13 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:...No, I believe Astro's gonna be like Mickey, keep spreading joy and happiness to new generations for years to come....

:D

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

When I grow up, I'm gonna move to Japan to start an anime career. I'm gonna be the first female US born anime/manga artist. Well, one of my plans is to join up with Tezuka Productions to make a new Astro Boy anime sometime in the future. And I'd make sure that whatever studio that dubs the anime get the dubbing right as well. Sony studios is not gonna mess with my buddy Astro Boy like they did in 2003.

:astro: Yeah! You go girl!
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

Astro Boy is japans Mickey Mouse so if Astro disappears from America, he'll still be around in japan. If only Walt Disney made some kind show or movie about Astro Boy because he would probably be even more popular in the US and he would show up in Disneyland.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

"Alittleacorn" wrote:And the Megaman thing, isn't that the other way around? Capcom ripped off of Tezuka's character?

Yes, it is. Megman was started in 1987 despite the fact that Astro is already there 20 years before.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

the only cartoons that disappear are the ones that don't improove and Micky mouse over the years has changed in his design and his animation every 20 years or so, Astro boy is the same thing,he had changed in animation and design so if political cartoons like Uncle Sam managed to have stuck around long enough surely other character can too
Unyongnekasayo

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

There have been 19 films called "Alice in Wonderland" :eek:

Mickey Mouse is now completely different from his original design. Even video game characters such as Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog have changed over the years. When compared to them, Astro is still relatively unchanged.

Which is good of course :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”