Just saw "Tangled" - loved it -- Disney should do Astro Boy 2!!!

Off topic discussion.
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Just saw "Tangled" - loved it -- Disney should do Astro Boy 2!!!

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

This movie was a lot of fun (was also my first 3-D movie - I know, I don't get out much!) - the characters were great, the story was funny and full of all the good things Disney does when they do it right.

I loved Princess Rapunzel's weapon of choice -- and I hear she's helping out Astro with an issue that just won't leave him alone -- the dreaded tutu!!

Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

OMG!! What a resemblance! But CGI characters often have a habit of looking alike...

Now imagine for a moment that Disney really did animate Astro Boy. Just imagine...

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Androids101" wrote:OMG!! What a resemblance! But CGI characters often have a habit of looking alike...

Now imagine for a moment that Disney really did animate Astro Boy. Just imagine...

Walt Disney actually showed interest in creating "Something like Astro Boy" when he met Tezuka. To say the least, it never happened.

And frankly after the 2009 film, I'm a bit weary of overseas companies producing new AB movies, heck, I always get that feeling when companies try to mainstream originals that were already good to begin with.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

There was, of course, the Kimba the White Lion and The Lion King controversy...

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Androids101" wrote:There was, of course, the Kimba the White Lion and The Lion King controversy...

I used to have very biased opinions about that, opinions that were biased towards Disney. But I guess I still kinda believe it as bit of a rip off. Anyhow, Lion King was made long after Disney's death.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

I liked "Tangled" and i think that Disney should be the ones dubbing the Astro boy movie from Tezuka productions
Unyongnekasayo

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

I just saw the movie too. LOVED IT! Though I'm not sure I want Disney dubbing anything Tezuka. Funny picture there by the way AprilSeven XD

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

This is off topic, however I just saw "The Polar Express" on the internet and it was AWESOME!! I loved it...has to be one of the best animated movies ever made

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

Yes, Polar Express was unique in that they animated the entire movie in the artistic style of the original book's illustrator, and it was really beautiful.

re future Tezuka movies: I don't care WHO does the work - only that it's true to the original story, and crafted to reflect/respect Tezuka's vision. "Tangled" was of a quality that I believe Walt Disney would have approved of (not all Disney movies achieve that). "Astro Boy" certainly could have been that "perfect" -- and I'm hoping there will be a next time for some studio to "get it right."

Astro Boy in 3D question: Has anyone seen the 3D version? Did it enhance the movie at all? I thought the characters in "Tangled" seemed more life-like in 3D.
Last edited by AprilSeven on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Astro Boy in 3D question: Has anyone seen the 3D version? Did it enhance the movie at all? I thought the characters in "Tangled" seemed more life-like in 3D.

I heard Imagi were making a 3D version of Astro Boy for 3D TV's. I don't know if it's out yet or when it'll be finished. If there's any time better it should be Christmas o_o;

ANd holy Tangled that picture lol XD I really wanna see that movie, but it's not out where I am yet! :cry: I'll likely get it here in the new year.

Return to “General Discussion”