operating systems????

Off topic discussion.
diehard67
On a Flight into Space

operating systems????

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

I am courious about what people run on there computers, os web browser, stuff like that.

me I run ubuntu linux on my laptops, I have 2 of them, and my main desktop. my test computer runs win2k and mandriva linux and the server runs mandriva linux. also my new laptop came with win7 on it and now dualboots like the test computer.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Linux? I've only used it a couple times. It was on the PS3 but Sony took it off for some reason.

ATM I have a custom built gaming PC which I've had for about a year and I love this thing. It has ATI Radeon 5800 for my Graphics card, 750 GB Hard Drive and a Quad Core processor with 3 GB's of RAM.

I do use Windows XP though for this computer, reason being I know XP like the back of my hand and I don't want to upgrade until I have to. I absolutely despise Windows Vista, but I do like Windows 7.

I don't have a Mac reason being I hate their OS. Mac's OS is very confusing for me to get around, I think it's because they were made for simple minded people.

For my web browser I use Firefox and it is infinitely better than Internet Explorer. But yea, that's what I'm running on.
Last edited by Ghost on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

vista was a monumantal failyer, 7 isn't :sick: so bad, but linux beats M!CR0$0F7 hands down, and yes firefox is leaps and bounda better then ie.

btw: ya running 64bit winxp on that gameing rig????
twitter

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Windows 7. It's better than Vista hoped to be. As for web browser, I use Google Chrome.

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:vista was a monumantal failyer, 7 isn't :sick: so bad, but linux beats M!CR0$0F7 hands down, and yes firefox is leaps and bounda better then ie.

btw: ya running 64bit winxp on that gameing rig????

Yes I am. Like I said, I've been using XP for years and I know it like the back of my hand. I don't mind W7 but I'm not going to upgrade until I have to. I am going to get W7 eventually though.

But regardless of the OS I still love this thing like it's my baby.

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 13 years ago

I have Win XP (need to upgrade lol) on my gaming computer and I have Win 7 on my school laptop. Win 7 is easier to use in my opinion. I use Fire Fox for my internet browsing needs.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I use XP and Firefox.

I used to have a dual boot in Linux/Windows, but I never took the time to really improve in Linux, and it was some time ago, it wasn't yet as user friendly as it is now, I believe.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

@goastatr
I feel much the same about my computers, if there down I have emotional reactions, it genuanly made me a bit sad when I had to retire my dir-615 router just before christmas because it was starting to die.

@astro_forever
you should give linux another shot, it has come a long way in the past 5 years.
twitter

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I know. I will, someday, but I'm too lazy for that these days, I'll wait until I feel like it. :cool:

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

I don't have a Mac reason being I hate their OS. Mac's OS is very confusing for me to get around, I think it's because they were made for simple minded people.

Sorry, I have to poke fun at that comment. :p

I have a Mac, and I enjoy it. The only problem I with it is that I can't manually clean up cookies or defragment, I have to trust that the Macbook is doing it itself. For browsers I switch back and forth between Safari and Firefox. The former has be acting funky lately, even after updates.

Return to “General Discussion”