Tezuka Funko Pops

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Tezuka Funko Pops

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

Looks like they finally started releasing some of the Tezuka Funko Pops under their Funko Pop Asia series. So far I've only seen Ochanomizu and Leo listed anywhere.

https://instagram.com/p/5eWQGMEx7b/
http://popvinyls.com/funko-pop-asia-series/

It's kinda hard to find pictures of any of them but so far I've seen Astro, Ochanomizu, Black Jack, Leo & Coco, Sharaku, Princess Sapphire, Tink, and a few others

This tumblr has a few more photos of them as well
http://djphil9999.tumblr.com/

I'm not really interested in Funkos myself, but maybe someone on here is. Plus it's just kinda nice to see more Astro Boy/Tezuka products being made.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

I need it :o

I also need the cute little Astro Tezuka Moderno figures, or whatever it was called... And maybe the Leo one. And definitely the Unico one; that thing could cause cavities.

But it seems like these are the new it thing; apparently there are more in the Astro Boy line (but curiously, I see none of Uran). I want it. :o You'd think it'd be more widely available; I don't suppose you could find this in a Toys R Us, or something, could you? :T
lolwut

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

You can find Funko Pops pretty much anywhere- Toys R Us, Walmart, FYE, etc. But these have "Asia exclusive" stickers on them. I asked my mom about it cuz she knows about them than I do, since she does repaints and customs of them, and she said the Asia series is only available in Asia. But I'm sure they'll be easy enough to find online soon.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Hm. Weird. I thought that that was just the series it belonged to. But then again, that order sheet DID mention that these particular figures were Asia exclusives. Bull, if you ask me. That's so unfair- and the prices listed for these hunks of vinyl are ridiculous! Even if I could make the money somehow, I am not in the position to spend it yet. PayPal and its legal crap are ridiculous; I could have sworn that a few years ago, you didn't need a bank account or a credit card to be able to spend your money on PayPal. Utter stupidity. So not fair. (And what of the people who are too young for such things? Granted, I'm in my twenties now; but I've seen young people and even people in other countries able to spend their money. Maybe through the aid of a parent, then... but I don't know anyone who has even one credit card anymore...)

I have some things I need to figure out, then. This looks to be somewhat recent, at least... I need to get a jump on things...
lolwut

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

"Ages 15+"? ;)

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

The prices on the sheet looked too expensive to me too. Most of the time Funkos are around $10-15. Then I realized that there was an HK next to the dollar sign so it must be Hong Kong dollars. That means they're roughly $15.50 USD. A much more reasonable price than I thought they were at first glace too. I saw a few expired eBay listings that sold Pluto and Blackjack for about $30. There's an Ochanomizu on Amazon that someone's trying to sell for about $80 I think. These are still very new so they're being overcharged now but I'm sure they'll go down to a better price soon.

Also, I forgot to put before that I think those Moderno figures are pretty cute too. As soon as I saw the Funko Ochanomizu I thought of the Moderno one.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

They're not for little kids; presumably due to small parts, and materials used to make them, as far as I can figure. They're basically exclusively collectible toys, near as I can tell. I mean, they don't exactly do anything, as far as I'm aware of... besides being cute. I think there's a Toothless one, somewhere...

What is that winking face for? Contextually that makes no sense, and forgive my apparent lack of a sense of humor, but it makes me a little uncomfortable.

Ah good, that's awesome! It'd be nice if we could get licensed sales of these for a reasonable price that are more local... I want that Astro. :3 And learning that it's by far more obtainable than I thought makes me want it more.
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I LOVE pops so much and am glad to see this! Thanks for sharing them. I like how they painted Atom's eyelashes.

I thought for a long time I would have to commission someone to make a personal pop for a Tezuka character (I had a custom one made back in December for $50), so seeing this makes me pretty happy.

I'll probably wait for a while to see how many more come up on Ebay and Amazon to get a better price.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I'm actually going to have to figure out a way to make the money... though I'll have to wait until I can actually spend it. >:T Curse you, PayPal...
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I'm actually going to have to figure out a way to make the money...

click for spoilerYou can try to donate your plasma if you are eligible to do so, in lieu of a paying job it can get you up to $400 a month depending on your area. Most places you can earn $20-$30 per donation.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”