Peeping Life TV Season 1??

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Peeping Life TV Season 1??

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Watch all 12 episodes of Peeping Life TV Season 1?? on Crunchyroll in the following link:

[url]http://www.crunchyroll.com/peeping-life-tv-season-1[/url]

119ddc9a8fb15c564bf23ccb5f83347c1444070842_full.jpg
119ddc9a8fb15c564bf23ccb5f83347c1444070842_full.jpg (49.01 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

Jeffbert made a thread about a DVD for this series a year ago:

[url]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9005[/url]

It looks like they're coming out with a TV series for Peeping Life in Japan on October 3. It'll feature characters from Tezuka Productions and Tatsunoko. The teaser in this article features Astro Boy and Cobalt. Forewarning though: the subtitles on the YouTube video are really bad.

Source: [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-06/peeping-life-season-1-anime-promo-video-previews-astro-boy-kabe-don-practice/.92585]Anime News Network[/url]

Peeping Life Season 1?? Anime's Promo Video Previews Astro Boy's 'Kabe-don' Practice

New TV series featuring Tezuka, Tatsunoko characters premieres on October 3

The Anime Bancho YouTube channel began streaming a promotional video on Saturday for its Peeping Life Season 1?? TV anime series. The video previews Astro Boy's 'kabe-don' practice, Casshern being asked if he knows how to read situations properly, Black Jack going to see a doctor, Astro Boy telling his brother Cobalt he heard Cobalt has a girlfriend, and a skit with a couple on a plane.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tooBt3VKVRQ]「Peeping Life TV シーズン1??」PV[/url]

The anime will premiere on October 3 on NTV, and will air on Saturdays late at night.

Ryōichi Mori (previous Peeping Life TV series such as Peeping Life - The Perfect Edition -) will direct the series at Forest Hunting One and CoMix Wave Film. The new series will feature characters from Tezuka Productions and Tatsunoko Production franchises, and will also feature characters from the previous Peeping Life series.

BRADIO (Death Parade) will perform the show's opening theme song "Hotel Alien," and detune. (Peeping Life - The Perfect Edition - music) will perform the ending theme song "Satori no Sho."

The Peeping Life CG anime franchise has more than 200 episodes, and it has sold more than 600,000 DVDs. CoMix Wave Films and BROSTA TV premiered the comedy series on the BS Asahi Premium television network in December 2008, and started streaming the series online in the same month.

The "slow-life anime" is part of the datsuryoku-kei (ennui-style) genre of comedy that depicts the listless minutiae of everyday life. The original anime combined motion-captured improvised acting with computer animation into a series of comedy shorts.

Go ahead and use this thread to discuss Peeping Life and/or the involvement of Tezuka characters in it.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

I seem to remember something like this a couple of years ago with Astro Boy in it. But in a fairly recent search, I couldn't find the exact video, suggesting it may have been removed...

In any case, anything with Cobalt in it might be interesting. After all, he's seldom ever acknowledged. Although, I remember seeing promotional material for this a little while back, and the character designs are kinda... not my aesthetic, let's just say. :T

What is kabe-don, anyway? I guess I might find out when I watch it... (also it's weird to think about Black Jack going to the doctor, for some reason... also this is actually an interesting series concept. more things like this should exist.)

Also there isn't any actual English subtitles. It just says it's auto-generated French...

Oh wait, they are in English, for some reason. And they are pretty much completely incomprehensible; unless Atom really is trying to tell Cobalt to "upgrade to avian influenza". :o

It's interesting to note that he clearly calls him "nii-san", when in the original canon, he was younger... unless everyone only remembers/everyone prefers the anime adaptation in which he was the older brother, so to speak?
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

I had just found out about this and searched the forum to see if anyone else had. It looks... interesting. I hope subs appear for this.
BTW, your Anime News Network link doesn't seem to work so see if this does.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-06/peeping-life-season-1-anime-promo-video-previews-astro-boy-kabe-don-practice/.92585
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Decided to move this to Astro Boy Discussion since Atom and Cobalt are part of it.

And yes, I do hope a subbed version appears for it. It seems like it's a pretty funny show.

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:BTW, your Anime News Network link doesn't seem to work so see if this does.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-06/peeping-life-season-1-anime-promo-video-previews-astro-boy-kabe-don-practice/.92585

Whoops. Thank you for that. I had accidentally put "Anime News Network" at the end of the URL. :d oh:

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 8 years ago

The character designs look kinda like Katamari Damacy.... But a little weirder. It sounds interesting though, I'll look into it sometime.
:hyo: whoops

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Like I said, I'm... not a fan of the character design. :T But the concept is a fascinating one, and I'd like to at least see how the show is before passing judgement based on looks alone.
lolwut

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

The video reminds me of "Robot Chicken". Oh and Black Jack was in there too.

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:It's interesting to note that he clearly calls him "nii-san", when in the original canon, he was younger... unless everyone only remembers/everyone prefers the anime adaptation in which he was the older brother, so to speak?

Actually according to the Anime ("Brother Jetto") Cobalt was created before Astro, he was his prototype. So Cobalt IS Astro's OLDER brother.

In the Manga, he was created later by Professor Ochanomizu (on two or more different occasions) making him a younger brother, chronologically, but there is still no reason why he couldn't have been created AS an older sibling since robots don't actually grow up.......

I didn't get the first skit, it looked like the professor was arguing with Astro about the hole in the wall, and Astro gives him a teenage slap (like two for flinching or something). Also why is Astro's hair grey and Cobalt's black?
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 8 years ago

After looking at a few pictures, I found out that their mouths do not hang open dully all the time. I'm liking it more now! :)
I wonder if they're going to do anything with Astro and Speed Racer, though... Since (from what I've gathered) Speed took over popularity from young viewers, and also just interaction.
:hyo: whoops

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

That slap was the "kabe-don" thing; you could hear him say it. I guess so, anyway.

Actually, iirc Cobalt's hair was kinda bluish to me...

When I said "canon", I was referring to the manga. The only reason he was older in the anime was because they had to find a way to shoehorn him in when originally he wasn't even going to be there! (They needed new material for the second season, iirc.)

And I don't think that works that way. Cobalt was originally referred to as the younger brother; he wasn't even supposed to be a brother for Astro at all, as I recall... just a contingency plan. But when they first met, they made the assumption, and it was apparently never corrected. (... people died in that story- offscreen, but definitely dead- and that bothers me. :T ) Plus, in the manga at least, they look about the same age (indeed, in many panels in later stories, you can be hard placed to tell them apart...). The way I see it, he's more of a younger twin, at least in that canon. But they're probably going off the anime, and his more obviously older appearance.
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Crunchyroll announced today that they will be streaming Peeping Life TV Season 1?? on their site. The first episode is available to premium users now and will be fully available to free users on Saturday. New episodes are simulcast on Saturdays at 3:30 PM Eastern Time.

[url=http://www.crunchyroll.com/peeping-life-tv-season-1]Click here to watch the first episode (or a two-minute preview of the first episode until October 10).[/url]

I watched the two-minute preview and...it's looks quite interesting to say the least. :lol: I'll wait until after watching the first episode to give my opinion on it.

Sources: [url=http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-921801/new-fall-titles-bottom-biting-bug-4-peeping-life-jk-meshi-mr-osomatsu-yuruyuri-3]Crunchyroll[/url], [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-05/crunchyroll-stream-mr-osomatsu-peeping-life-season-1-jk-meshi-anime/.93829]Anime News Network[/url]

Crunchyroll Stream Mr. Osomatsu, Peeping Life Season 1??, JK Meshi! Anime

[...]

Media distribution service Crunchyroll announced on Monday that it is streaming the Mr. Osomatsu (Osomatsu-san), Yuruyuri San Hai!, Peeping Life Season 1??, JK Meshi!, and Bottom Biting Bug (Oshiri Kajiri Mushi) season 4 anime as they air in Japan.

[...]

The first episode of Peeping Life Season 1?? is now available, and future episodes will stream on Saturdays at 3:30 p.m. EDT. The stream will be available in the United States (and its territories), Canada, Latin America (Central and South America including Caribbean), United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands.

The Peeping Life CG anime franchise has more than 200 episodes. CoMix Wave Films and BROSTA TV premiered the comedy series on the BS Asahi Premium television network in December 2008, and started streaming the series online in the same month. The new series will feature characters from Tezuka Productions and Tatsunoko Production franchises, and will also feature characters from the previous Peeping Life series.

[...]

119ddc9a8fb15c564bf23ccb5f83347c1444070842_full.jpg
119ddc9a8fb15c564bf23ccb5f83347c1444070842_full.jpg (49.01 KiB) Viewed 2029 times

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”