Your favorite episode?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Your favorite episode?

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Just curious, what is your favorite episode (from any series) of Astro Boy ? (you can also choose the film if you want.) Chapters in any Astro Boy manga may also count.

I'm not too sure about mine :whistling:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

The final episode of the 03 series, in Japanese.

The final episode on the 80's series

And the final episode of the 60's-okay you get the point :lol:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:The final episode of the 03 series, in Japanese.

The final episode on the 80's series

And the final episode of the 60's-okay you get the point :lol:

Pretty much the same thing for me.

Also when Atom beat the crap out of Pluto in the 8th book of the Pluto manga.

:astro: "You may be filled with hate, but my hatred is even greater than yours."

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 13 years ago

I'll take "The Pluto Arc from Every Series" for 500.

Well, you know...except the first anime...I liked the final episode of that one, though. ^_^
*dust*

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Yeah, The Greatest Robot in the World of the 1980s series was really good. I'm not such a fan of the subplot regarding Tenma wanting Astro evolve, though. Thats just....weird :eek:
:lol:

And also the last of the '03 series was great ("I forgive you"). My LEAST favorite is Dawn of the Techno Revolution :shifty:

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

Probably from the 80's the "Time Machine" one, since we have Black Jack (and a decent American voicing him!)

I like the two episodes where Rock shows up in the '03 series.

From the 60's I really liked the Sea Serpent, because even though I saw the 80's version first the 60's version still really touched me. And I like the one where they're marooned for a time on the moon/other planet, with giant plants (forgot the name). With the guy and the Rurouni Kenshin scar. :D
Last edited by Xenops on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spacing

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Too many good ones... The first few I can think of is the complete Astro Boy Tales manga series, any episode with Atlas or lots of intense action in general in the second anime series, the Lamp episode and last episode in the last series, two many to even remember from the 1960's series...

To give people ideas:

I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

F-Man's post is so true that it is funny.

But I will say that my favorite episodes include episode 49 & 50 of the 2003 series, it was just the thing I was craving from that series, even though it did ended abruptly...

1960's favorite episode would be the first episode, and it's probably the one I have watched the most.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

"Xenops" wrote:Probably from the 80's the "Time Machine" one, since we have Black Jack (and a decent American voicing him!)

From the 60's I really liked the Sea Serpent, because even though I saw the 80's version first the 60's version still really touched me. And I like the one where they're marooned for a time on the moon/other planet, with giant plants (forgot the name). With the guy and the Rurouni Kenshin scar. :D

You mean the one where the guy is after the diamonds & the robot grabs him & tucks him in bed?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=Xenops;118307]Probably from the 80's the "Time Machine" one, since we have Black Jack (and a decent American voicing him!)

You mean the one where the guy is after the diamonds & the robot grabs him & tucks him in bed?[/QUOTE]

The version of that story that's in the 60's anime was one of my favorite episodes up to that point. I even thought it was better than in the manga, and especially loved how they played with our role expectations as the thief character was actually more human than the regular businessman. I don't exactly remember what it is that made it better than in the manga though.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”