Japan's 1980s Lamp Voice Passes Away

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Japan's 1980s Lamp Voice Passes Away

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Chikao Ohstuka, who voiced Acetylene Lamp in Episode 49 of the 1980s anime and voiced minor roles in the 1960s anime, passed away today at the age of 85.

Source: Anime News Network, Hachima Kikō

Voice Actor Chikao Ohtsuka Passes Away

One Piece's Gold Roger, Metal Gear Solid's Big Boss, Lupin the 3rd's Goemon Ishikawa, Sonic's Eggman

Japanese voice acting agency Aoni Production announced on Friday that voice actor Chikao Ohtsuka passed away on Thursday due to an Ischemic Heart Disorder. He was 85 years old.

Chikao Ohtsuka played a large number of roles in anime throughout his life, including One Piece's Gold Roger, Mobile Suit Gundam 00's Aeolia Schenberg, Lupin the 3rd's Goemon Ishikawa, Gegege no Kitarō's Nezumi Otoko and Hakusanbo, as well as Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan's Nurarihyon.

In video games, the actor played Maxwell in Tales of Xillia and its sequel, Eggman in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, as well Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. He is survived by his son Akio Ohtsuka, who plays Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

R.I.P

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

:cry: I guess being as old as I am, it comes as no surprise that the voice actors from childhood cartoons are passing away. :cry:

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 9 years ago

R.I.P. :(

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”