050 Atom goes to the West

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

050 Atom goes to the West

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

I thought I had already created a thread about this episode, but could not find it. :cry:

This is one of half-a-dozen episodes that involve time-travel. Heck Ben is nostalgic about the Old West, & uses a time-machine to travel to that era. There, he meets Lamp, & the 2 form an band of bandits. The English version makes Heck Ben the leader; however, I suspect that Lamp would object to being cast as a mere henchman, & that he was the leader.

Besides those two, the cast also includes Notaarin & the Reluctant Lever Robot turned little boy from Robot Rocket.

When Heck Ben's papa requests Dr. Ochanomizu's help, Higeoyaji has unrealistic thoughts about being cool. :D

As Lamp enters first, I suspect that despite the English version's audio, Lamp is the leader.

Notaarin
Last edited by jeffbert on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

I think I remember the first image, but nothing else, so maybe there wasn't a thread, after all. Anyway, thanks! :D

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

I'm sure there was one. I will have a look too, I may be luckier than jeffbert ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

It just dawned on me! I believe you had posted pictures of this episode in the mistakes thread!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I remeber the frame thay used of Hijeoyaji & Ochanomizu under the lynching tree while Atom went to catch the real bank robbers actually had Atom's left shoulder on the left edge of the image. Hey, what ever happened to that thread?

Astro Forever
Administrator

So I was right? :w00t: I like it when I remember something I was looking for! :D

What happened to the mistakes thread? Well, I had found at least one mistake in each 1980 episode, and while I'm sure there are still mistakes to be found, I've watched all the episodes closely enough to my taste! :lol:

I'm still finding mistakes in cartoon episodes, but they aren't Astroboy's, so I don't post them here, obviously. My eyes are well-trained now! :lol:

I'm still interested in the topic, so if anybody finds something, please post! :cool:
Last edited by Astro Forever on Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

howdy Astro!!!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Also starring the naughty lever from "Robot Rocket." In that story, the robotic lever was changed into human form. :astro:

:lol:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

:lol: [/QUOTE]

is that one picture or two put to together

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Sparx wrote:
:lol:

is that one picture or two put to together

The camera panned from right to left, so all three were noton screen at the same time. So I pasted two frames together. :lol:
Last edited by jeffbert on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”