AB Characters with Pokemon?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

AB Characters with Pokemon?

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

Something I've been meaning to post about for a while is the idea of, if there were an AU where the worlds of Astro Boy and Pokemon were together, what each character would have as their Pokemon team. It's two childhood favourites of mine together, and so far I've thought of a few:

Astro - I haven't been able to figure out exactly what he'd have, but he'd probably go for the types Flying and Steel. Maybe Fire.

Uran - A Spritzee for sure, and I know she'd probably be all for Fighting and Fairy. I also could see her bringing tons and tons of lost Pokemon into the house and trying to care for them all at the same time.

Denkou - Definitely a Jirachi. Jirachi is a very mystical wish Pokemon, and looks almost like Denkou herself:

Dr. Tenma - A lot of Houndooms, totally based off his 2003 series robot dogs. But he'd probably have Dark or Steel types for others.

Rock Holmes - He'd main Psychic types, but probably have a Meowth since they love shiny things like gold.

Skunk Kusai - A Murkrow (it just looks like a mobster to me), Skutank (I don't think I need to explain this one), and a Koffing (maybe just because it could withstand a lot of smoking).

That's all I personally have at this current moment, but I really want to hear what you guys think each character would have! I love discussing this sort of thing.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

I remember once I drew Astro having a Bulbasaur, but that's only Kanto terms. Maybe he would have a Beldum/Metang/Metagross? Rock seems like he would have a Metagross, though....

For Rock, he would have a pretty big array of Psychic type pokemon. Possible choices would be Metagross, Claydol, Beheeyem, Alakazam, Meowth, and maybe Mewtwo?

I always imagine Uran to have a really spunky pokemon. Maybe she would have a Purrloin? But if it was a starter, she might go with Fennekin.

.......Ochanomizu's hard. Wait! :w00t: Nosepass. Perfect.
:hyo: whoops

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

I love doing this for fandoms! But hmm this is kinda hard.

I think Spritzee is a good one for Uran too. Maybe a Meinfoo too? A personal fav of mine is Snubbull. I definitely think she'd have fairy and fighting types.

I feel like Tenma would have a Pidgeot or Blaziken or Fearow to go with his bird-like appearance.

Maybe Atlas would have a Genesect? And maybe a Magmortar.

I was just browsing through the Pokemon list and for some reason I feel like Ochanomizu would have a Meganium. Maybe also a Phanpy/Donphan (cuz of Elefun)

The Blue Knight could have a Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash and a Escavalier.

Astro is super hard to choose for though. Maybe Aggron and Togetic/Togekiss? I feel like the Astro from the upcoming reboot would have a Porygon-Z.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 9 years ago

I haven't been able to afford new games for a long time, so I'm pretty lost when it comes to any game beyond Diamond, I'm afraid. (And even some of that knowledge is limited; I couldn't get online with the DS Lite I had so I couldn't trade at all.) I do like to contemplate about this very subject, though.

I wouldn't know much about specifics, but I do imagine that Atom would utilize Fire types. Maybe Charmander, for a start (though I'm incredibly biased). I know very little about Porygon-Z, but somehow that seems to fit with the new guy- at least for now...

I know very little about the Fairy type, to my eternal regret (they seem like they'd be right up my alley). Except for maybe that they slay Dragons. I think Uran would appreciate that.

Murkrow IS kind of a mobster- if I recall correctly, they hang out in groups led by the mob-boss, Honchkrow. Although I'm not 100% certain on that. But if Murkrow looks like mobster, then Honchkrow kind of confirms that suspicion. So yeah, that'd fit, assuming they didn't betray him. (Idk; depending on how good or bad a trainer he is, it strikes me as likely.)

Rock somehow seems like he'd use a Sneasel or a Weavile. At least pre-reformation. They're sneaky sorts, if memory serves. Kinda vicious, too...

Blue Knight does seem to have some kind of honor code, right? Idk I can't remember. But, in that line of thinking, definitely Gallade.

That's all I got for now...
lolwut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”