Little Astro Boy (2014 Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Little Astro Boy (2014 Animated Series)

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

NOTICE: A new Astro Boy series by the name of "Go Astro Boy Go!" is being released in 2019 by the French animation company, Planet Nemo. That series was originally named Little Astro Boy before being renamed to "Go Astro Boy Go!" in early 2018. That series is not connected to Little Astro Boy from 2014; they only shared similarity in their names. Please discuss "Go Astro Boy Go!" in the thread in the link below:

Go Astro Boy Go! (2019 Animated Series)

The 2014 series of Little Astro Boy originally aired on Channels Television in Nigeria beginning on March 22, 2014 and ending on April 26, 2014.

You can purchase a Region 2 DVD of the entire 2014 series on Amazon Japan:

Amazon Japan: Little Astro Boy

Please do not post and/or share illegally uploaded episodes in this thread or anywhere on AstroBoy Online Forums.

Here's a log of what episodes aired on their respective air dates during the show's run:

March 22, 2014:

• Episode 1: "Astro Becomes a Racer" (Premiere)
  • Episode 2: "Recycling Gone Wild" (Premiere)

March 29, 2014:

• Episode 3: "Astro Goes to Space" (Premiere)
    (Ended just before the credits due to technical difficulties.)
  • Episode 4: "We Love Cleaning" (Premiere)
    (Ended after 5 minutes due to technical difficulties.)

April 5, 2014:

• Episode 1: "Astro Becomes a Racer" (Rerun)
  • Episode 2: "Recycling Gone Wild" (Rerun)

April 12, 2014:

• Episode 5: "Fly! Mitchy" (Premiere)
  • Episode 6: "Heart on Fire" (Premiere)

April 19, 2014:

• Episode 3: "Astro Goes to Space" (Rerun)
    (Ended just before the credits due to technical difficulties.)
  • Episode 4: "We Love Cleaning" (Rerun)
    (Ended after 3 minutes due to technical difficulties.)

April 26, 2014:

• Episode 7: "I'm Moler, You See?" (Premiere)
    (This episode suffered from really bad cropping to the point where you couldn't read the full episode title.)
  • Episode 8: "Astro and the 5 Adventures" (Premiere)
    (This episode suffered from really bad cropping to the point where you couldn't read the full episode title.)

Well, this is completely out of left field. Looks interesting, though.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-11/new-mighty-atom/astro-boy-animation-to-air-in-nigeria

Anime News Network wrote:
as20140110002774_comm.jpg
as20140110002774_comm.jpg (199.46 KiB) Viewed 17633 times

New Astro Boy/Mighty Atom Animation to Air in Nigeria

Robot Atom animated by trainees who came to Japan's Tezuka Productions

Robot Atom, a new animated television series of Osamu Tezuka's iconic Mighty Atom (Astro Boy) character, will air in Nigeria starting this March. The project is an international joint production between Tezuka Productions and the Nigerian television station Chanel TV, and the animators are trainees who came to Japan to study.

The 30-minute episodes are aimed at preschool children, and they follow the robot boy Atom as he embarks on adventures with his human and robot friends in a future town. Instead of defeating bad guys as an "ally of justice," the story will be more about an innocent child who makes mistakes from time to time.

Nigeria is Africa's most populous country with 170 million people and oil as its primary industry.

Chanel TV wanted to obtain know-how in animation production and character content business, so it approached Tezuka Productions. Three staff members ranging in age from 20s to 40s came to Japan last November and learned to draw animation at the studio. As planned, they will be responsible for about two cuts of animation sketches. (The animeanime.jp website posted more photographs of the trainees and their work.)

Two episodes will air in March, and production on at least eight episodes have been green-lit. Tezuka Production is going forward with joint production plans with other countries besides Nigeria, and it wants to pursue sales worldwide. A broadcast in Japan has not been scheduled.

Japanese studios have animated international co-productions for decades, and their own characters have been exported and animated overseas for almost as long. Hong Kong animation studio IMAGI produced the computer-animated film version of Astro Boy with distributor Summit Entertainment in 2009. Japan's Kodansha and TMS Entertainment is collaborating with Indian studios in an animated television version of Ikki Kajiwara and Noboru Kawasaki's Kyojin no Hoshi baseball manga — except the production remakes the story with India's ball game of choice, cricket. France's Blue Spirit Animation produced the first of three planned television sequels to Studio Pierrot's Mysterious Cities of Gold anime last year.

Sources: animeanime.jp, Asahi

Image © Tezuka Productions

EDIT: Here's the other promotional poster. Three staff photos can also be seen in the animeanime.jp link.

nigeria-produce-una-nueva-serie-de-astro-boy.jpg
nigeria-produce-una-nueva-serie-de-astro-boy.jpg (133.41 KiB) Viewed 18077 times
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 51 times in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

From the way this is drawn it looks like this series will have Atom being younger than he is in the Anime and Manga. There he was about 9-10 years old (in human terms), now he looks more like 7 years, which should only make him even more Kawaii!

I hope this gets put up on Youtube, cause I wanna see it!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 10 years ago

This is great! I love the art style, it's so cute!
You know, when all these international versions officially start coming out, I'm going to have to watch them all (or as many as I can muster, at least... c:<)
It's a magical day!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

Hmm, so this version will take a non super hero approach it seems.

Normally, I'd write this off as looking like a generic pre-school show. But since it's Astro Boy (and since I haven't seen a frame of film just yet), I'm willing to give it a chance. Besides, the artwork looks really cute!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:Hmm, so this version will take a non super hero approach it seems.

Normally, I'd write this off as looking like a generic pre-school show. But since it's Astro Boy (and since I haven't seen a frame of film just yet), I'm willing to give it a chance. Besides, the artwork looks really cute!

Oh I'm sure Astro will show some of his super abilities in the show, flying at least. He looks airborne in that shot.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I'm sure that all of Atom's morals and principles will be represented in this new series, which is really what Atom is all about (for me anyway). He doesn't have to be saving people's lives to be who he is and to reflect what he stands for.

I'm really happy for Nigeria!

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 10 years ago

Interesting to see a developing country working on an Astro Boy cartoon. Here are some more pictures here:

I actually am curious about a pre-school Astro Boy show. Might give it a shot if it came to the State.

I wonder if there's going to be an English version produced. I'd like to see an America/Canadian/British take on the show.
Last edited by Fuzzy Pickles! on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:[QUOTE=Prettywitchiusaka;217885]Hmm, so this version will take a non super hero approach it seems.

Oh I'm sure Astro will show some of his super abilities in the show, flying at least. He looks airborne in that shot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see what you mean. Either way, I'll definitely watch this when it comes out in March.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Well the official language of Nigeria is English so we'll be able to understand this show should it ever be put in a situation where we can view it. However I would love to see an American take on the show. No actually, any national take on the show. All representations and all art styles.

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

It looks like it's back in the 70s. :lol: Though, that's pretty interesting, but I don't think I'll watch it. No action in it. I like it when Atom flies through space and fighting bad guys and such! (Oh,Yeah!!!XD) Also, because I'd be kinda embarrassed to watch it because it's a little kids show. :blush:
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”