"NO! Even the rescue squad failed! We can't risk it!"

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

"NO! Even the rescue squad failed! We can't risk it!"

Postby Photar » 8 years ago

Simple question: Favorite moment from 1980s Astroboy

Mine is when Kevin begs "Astro save them please!" and (Mindy I think her name is) "Oh please, please save our friends!"

Astro: Friends.........(looks at Alvin's parents then looks up at roller coaster. His eyebrows go down in anger and then...................)

Dooof doooof doooof doooof synth beat LAUNCH!!

Daddy Walrus: Astro!!!

Love it!
[sigpic][/sigpic]

FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

Postby FelicityRedbarrow » 8 years ago

My favorite is probably the episode where Uran tries to find God, and she asks Dr. Elefun.

Dr. Elefun (wearing an it’s-so-cute-when-kids-have-questions smile): You want to know where God lives? That’s a very difficult question.

Uran: C'mon, Dr. Elefun, I wanna know!

Dr. Elefun: Some people would disagree, but I think God lives in the heart. (gestures to his chest)

Uran (jumps off chair and races toward him): Where?! Let me see him, will you?

As we all know, Uran is incredibly strong. Maybe not as strong as her brother, but certainly strong enough to rip open a man’s chest in search of an elusive deity.

You see this? This is the face of regret.

Nothing get’s the old heart pumping like the realization that you are about to be brutally murdered through the naïveté of your own creation.

Luckily, Astro is there to save you this time, Elefun, but you best watch your mouth from now on.

The real punchline, though, is that the scene cuts right in the middle of the struggle to Uran and Astro walking down the hall.

Uran: I thought Dr. Elefun was a great scientist, but he doesn’t even know where God lives!

So, yes. The scene where my favorite character almost dies is my favorite. :o cha:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

My favorite scene is literally ANY time in the series when Atom just does a fly-by punch right to Atlas's face. He does it a lot and to me it's hilarious every time.

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

"FelicityRedbarrow" wrote:My favorite is probably the episode where Uran tries to find God, and she asks Dr. Elefun.

Dr. Elefun (wearing an it’s-so-cute-when-kids-have-questions smile): You want to know where God lives? That’s a very difficult question.

Uran: C'mon, Dr. Elefun, I wanna know!

Dr. Elefun: Some people would disagree, but I think God lives in the heart. (gestures to his chest)

Uran (jumps off chair and races toward him): Where?! Let me see him, will you?

As we all know, Uran is incredibly strong. Maybe not as strong as her brother, but certainly strong enough to rip open a man’s chest in search of an elusive deity.

You see this? This is the face of regret.

Nothing get’s the old heart pumping like the realization that you are about to be brutally murdered through the naïveté of your own creation.

Luckily, Astro is there to save you this time, Elefun, but you best watch your mouth from now on.

The real punchline, though, is that the scene cuts right in the middle of the struggle to Uran and Astro walking down the hall.

Uran: I thought Dr. Elefun was a great scientist, but he doesn’t even know where God lives!

So, yes. The scene where my favorite character almost dies is my favorite. :o cha:
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Touche'

I also love when Astro exclaims (to himself): "I'm so tired" after trying to block the volcano on the Mountain of Tears and flys up to see Bruton carrying a flipping HUGE boulder.

ASTRO: Bruton!
BRUTON (smiling): I want to help you

Then once again dooof dooof dooof dooof theme-song

BRUTON: Here!
BRUTON: Another!
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

and of course when the little 'indian' tries to stop Photar leaving. However the adorability of that scene is sortof cancelled out by the fact he gets Photar killed
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”