Astro Boy on Comixology

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Astro Boy on Comixology

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

As of June 22, 2015, you can now purchase the first 8 volumes of the Dark Horse adaptations of the Astro Boy manga on the Amazon.com-owned cloud-based service, Comixology, for anywhere from $6 to $11. If you're feeling adventurous, you can also purchase a comic adaptation of the 2009 movie and a prequel comic adaptation of the 2009 movie for four bucks.

I'm not sure if you need to create an account on Comixology to purchase comics, but regardless, you can create an account on there for free. Most comics do cost money to purchase though.

Again, the service is cloud-based, so you can view it on various mobile devices, as well as on the internet.

Here's links to the volumes and comics if you're interested:

Astro Boy volumes 1-8 (Dark Horse)

Astro Boy: Underground: Movie Prequel

Astro Boy: Movie Adaptation

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

This is a pretty good deal! I already have these volumes though (minus the 2009 adaptions).

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Hm, never saw the (highly improbable) prequel comic... but I don't have any money, and the way things are now, even if I could make the money somehow, I probably couldn't spend it. I dunno. Things are complicated on that front.
lolwut

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 8 years ago

I wouldn't spend the money on cloud-based versions ONLY - it would be great if it also included "hard copies"

I have that movie prequel . . . it's pretty lame (sorry, don't mean to be negative)-- but you get the feeling they were trying to come up with something else for folks to spend their money on! :lol:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I wouldn't spend the money on cloud-based versions ONLY - it would be great if it also included "hard copies"

I have that movie prequel . . . it's pretty lame (sorry, don't mean to be negative)-- but you get the feeling they were trying to come up with something else for folks to spend their money on! :lol:

Our public library has the movie prequel graphic novel.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”