Bruton's name in Canadian dub in 80s?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
reiichiroh
Kokoro Robot

Postby reiichiroh » 9 years ago

I don't notice this mentioned anywhere on the Wikia.com, Wikipedia and AstroBoy Online pages for Bruton/Pluto: I could have *sworn* that his name was...Commenturk or something? Oh wow. Digging through the forum--I never knew there was a separate Canadian dub.
Last edited by Earthshine on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: we do not allow double posting

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 9 years ago

I don't know about the Canadian dub, but it is his name in the French dub.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I always remembered his name in the English dub as being Bruton, maybe you're remembering something else? Perhaps another dub or even confusing a character? (I've done this many times) :blush:

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 9 years ago

Common Turk as far as I know was the original name for Brondo (Sultan: A great robot and perhaps the greatest wrestler in all the East). He was the huge black robot that orders Astro (by way of a big downward punch that Astro barely avoids) to get out of his way so that he can take on Bruton.

Bruton's only other name (that I know of) is Pluto.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Is it somthing like Bora ...right? (The robot with 2 million hp on the same manga Astro vs Pluto)

I don't know just trying help.

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

I think the Canadian Dub was the same of the Australians and Bora was definitely NOT Bruton's name, Bora was the name of ..... well Bora ---- That insanely powerful, albeit stupid, monster of a robot that destroys Bruton.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Oh right, sorry, I was little confused there. ^.^ I just end up thinking it that way.
Thanks

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

Pluto/Bruton's Canadian name was indeed Commonturk. I've got a lot of information on what a good deal of characters' Canadian names were. (i.e. Uran = Sarah.)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Wow I never would've believed it. Always thought the 'Turk' part was meant for Brondo considering his Eastern origins/locale
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Saw this in a forum post here:

The picture was of the swirling ball of bruton/brondo flying out of the water - seems he called Brondo 'commonturk' here.....but this isnt the Canadian dub I don't think...

"This is one my favourites out of the last bunch of photos

You did a great job showing Astro struggling on wether to help Commonturk or not.

Oh wow! I almost didn't put this one! Finally I came back and took that shot. I would have liked a clear view of the "ball" that was Brondo, but I'd have lost Uran and Astro, so I settled for this one. I'm glad you liked them!"
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”