Astro Boy in Dragon Ball/One Piece Crossover (Old video)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Astro Boy in Dragon Ball/One Piece Crossover (Old video)

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

I just found out today that Astro Boy, Uran, and Ochanomizu make a cameo in a Dragon Ball/One Piece crossover!

In 2003, they aired this crossover there, which was part of an event hosted by Fuji TV called Odaiba Boken-Oh. The feature is called "Kyūtai Panic Adventure!", or Orb Panic Adventure in English. There was also a sequel called "Kyūtai Panic Adventure Returns!", but that one does not have Astro Boy in it. Rather, it features a cameo by the main character from a manga/anime series called Kochikame. Astro Boy was only in the first crossover special.

Here is some info on this feature:

In 2003, Goku appeared in the interactive feature Kyutai Panic Adventure! (球体パニックアドベンチャー! Kyūtai Panikku Adobenchā!?, Orb Panic Adventure!), which was featured exclusively at the Fuji TV headquarters in the Kyutai or orb section. In this, Freeza attacks a visiting tourist, blasting the orb section free from the rest of the Fuji TV building. Goku fights Freeza over the real life aqua city of Odaiba.

Here is a very rare video of that crossover with Astro Boy. Sorry the quality is so bad, but this is the only video I can find of this. Astro Boy comes in at about the 6 minute mark:

[DBNEA Archive] One Piece / DragonballZ Crossover Animated - part1

As a big fan of both Dragon Ball and Astro Boy, I've gotta say that this completely made my day. :w00t:
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Had to correct some information.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:I just found out today that Astro Boy, Uran, and Ochanomizu make a cameo in a Dragon Ball/One Piece crossover!

It was part of an event called Odaiba Boken-Oh. In 2003 and 2004, they aired this crossover there. I think it's the first of two "Global Panic Adventures" in which Goku and Luffy save Tokyo from being destroyed by villains from Dragon Ball and One Piece. In the second one, they save Tokyo from a villain from One Piece. Astro Boy was only in the first one. The main character from a manga/anime series called Kochikame had a cameo in the second feature.

Here is a very rare video of the crossover with Astro Boy. Sorry the quality is so bad, but this is the only video I can find of this. Astro Boy comes in at about the 6 minute mark:

[DBNEA Archive] One Piece / DragonballZ Crossover Animated - part1

Is this is an official video or something someone put together for YouTube?

I :heart: :astro: :)

Shiyonasan
Administrator

It is an official video.

The Japanese voice actors are all there voicing their respective characters, and also, this was shown at a public event in Japan which was hosted by Fuji TV called Odaiba Boken-Oh.

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

Ahhhhh, thank you Shiyonasan :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Shiyonasan you are the BEST!!! What is really cool is to see Astro superimposed on a "real" background. I don't have any idea what's going on (I've heard of Dragon Ball, but don't have a clue about the characters, etc.) Is that big round thing Astro pulled out of the water the "Dragon Ball?"
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"AprilSeven" wrote:Shiyonasan you are the BEST!!! What is really cool is to see Astro superimposed on a "real" background. I don't have any idea what's going on (I've heard of Dragon Ball, but don't have a clue about the characters, etc.) Is that big round thing Astro pulled out of the water the "Dragon Ball?"

No, the big round thing is the interactive "orb section" at the Fuji TV building. These are the Dragon Balls.

Basically, the premise of this video is that Freeza (a major villain from Dragon Ball) attacks a visiting tourist, blasting the orb section free from the rest of the Fuji TV building. Goku (the main character of Dragon Ball) fights Freeza over the real life aqua city of Odaiba (where Fuji TV is located). Meanwhile, the other heroes from Dragon Ball, the main heroes from One Piece, and Astro Boy collaborate to save the people within the orb by returning the orb to its place at the Fuji TV building. As you can see in the video, Astro Boy is the one to ultimately return the orb to the Fuji TV building.

Also, I agree that it is cool to see Atom and the other characters brought into the real world and superimposed on a real background. :)

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

Have to admit, that was REALLY cool to see.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

Does this video have subs? Because the one I watched didn't.
lolwut

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

The video have bad quality, but they presented the 2003 version which fits nicelly.
I wished a sequel of the 2003 series with new adventures.
Also, I'm happy to hear Miki Maruyama as Uran^^ :wub:
Last edited by Toshio on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

The subs are not present.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”