01 Prince and Angel (Princess Knight)

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

01 Prince and Angel (Princess Knight)

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

Here are some scattered images from this episode!

If you are wondering how a cute little kid (Tink) ended up in this situation, check this thread: Ribon no Kishi 00 PILOT
In fact, this is a good place to start.

We start the series in the present; Sapphire is either 12 or 15, I am unsure which; though sometimes she seems little more than a child.

These are Nylon's assassins.

This is Gregory, though I use the English spelling, it's Romaji spelling is different. He is charged with keeping everything on schedule.

As I said, sometimes she appears to be very young. :hyo:

So, she eludes her responsibilities, and plays the tomboy; though she is supposed to be a male.

This is Duke Duralumin; as I understand it; these villains are named after artificial materials. I believe the HINDENBURG's skin was made of Duralumin. Anyway, here he is presenting the King with a document he would never sign.

Sapphire unexpectedly meets Lord Nylon in the woods; he fancies himself a master swordsman, & challenges the 'Prince' to a duel. I fail to understand why Sapphire did not have him arrested, for threatening a royal.

Sapphire is not convinced about the boy's heart! (See Ribon no Kishi 00 PILOT for details).

Does this guy resemble anyone you know? :hyo: Ponko is the apothecary, & has concocted a truth serum that Nylon will give to the queen, in hopes that she will admit Sapphire is a female.

DD wants Nylon to take the first sip.

Skipping ahead, Tink has lured Sapphire to a little cottage for a Disney Homage:

The bow in her hair is a living butterfly. Cute boots, huh?

Enter the BBW:
It seems he is hungry.

Or, smitten!

I have frames for an animated gif of this:

But, this love was not meant to be. :lol:

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 11 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:
Does this guy resemble anyone you know? :hyo: Ponko is the apothecary, & has concocted a truth serum that Nylon will give to the queen, in hopes that she will admit Sapphire is a female.

He looks like a midget cross between Hamegg and Professor Ochanomizu/Elefun. Two characters well known from Astroboy.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

"MightyAstro" wrote:He looks like a midget cross between Hamegg and Professor Ochanomizu/Elefun. Two characters well known from Astroboy.

That's it! :lol: For some reason I did not see Hamegg instantly. This is the first time I notice Tezuka mixing two characters like this!

Thanks jeffbert, and I agree, the boots are :cool:

I wish I could have seen the wolf animated, that seems hilarious! :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”