CFO or Cartoon Fantasy Organization

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
underm54
Kokoro Robot

CFO or Cartoon Fantasy Organization

Postby underm54 » 9 years ago

I don't know if anybody knows what CFO was. It was a club dedicated to showing Japanese animation. It started in 1977 and there was a lot a clubs around the state. I found out about it in a magazine called Fanfare and it caught my attention because this club was showing a lot of the old anime shows including the old original Astroboy show. Unfortunately when I joined in 1980 the programmer wasn't showing any episodes. He told me that he was showing two every meeting on the third Saturday but people started complaining and he stopped. Too make a long story short, they wanted volunteers from astroboy who could animate their mascot Fanta for opening bumpers for their shows. Of course I was dong stop motion animation and volunteered. They did not believed me at first thinking I was a nut bu they went berserk when I showed them my work. So I thought it would be fun for Fanta to meet famous anime characters and of course the first one would be astroboy. I did two with Astroboy and with other anime characters. Unfortunately the first one is lost but the second one still exist with Astroboy and other characters. I will give you the link to the film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgo3wlL6DAc

Return to “Fan Creations”