Astroboy VS Goku (Video)

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:[QUOTE=diehard67;121337]one has to wounder............. what would 2 good guys like astro and goku be fighting for anyway

Exactly. They don't really have a reason to fight each other unless there was a good reason why.[/QUOTE]

Because one of them was possessed :whistling:

P/S: If you don't really like it, tell me, who do you want to fight Astro ? Give me some nice suggestions :)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"Astroboy_Addict" wrote:Because one of them was possessed :whistling:

P/S: If you don't really like it, tell me, who do you want to fight Astro ? Give me some nice suggestions :)

Hopefully you have not missed Dr. Jerk's post. I didn't think it had anything to do with people's appreciation of the video. It's just fantasy, kind of like a fanfiction or something. ;)

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 13 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:[QUOTE=Astroboy_Addict;121394]Because one of them was possessed :whistling:

Hopefully you have not missed Dr. Jerk's post. I didn't think it had anything to do with people's appreciation of the video. It's just fantasy, kind of like a fanfiction or something. ;) [/QUOTE]

I did notice Dr Jerk's post, sorry because my replies are a little bit out of order :cry:
Last edited by Atomars on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Mr. Satan wasn't the devil though, rather he was a celebrity. That was only his name.

Goku fought for world peace. Even Mr. Satan helped Goku power up the Spirit Bomb, the only thing that could possibly destroy Majin Buu, who was pretty 'devil-like'.

Actually the Ma'Jin is a hero... :w00t:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"cybotron" wrote:[QUOTE=Dr. Jerk;121367]Mr. Satan wasn't the devil though, rather he was a celebrity. That was only his name.

Goku fought for world peace. Even Mr. Satan helped Goku power up the Spirit Bomb, the only thing that could possibly destroy Majin Buu, who was pretty 'devil-like'.

Actually the Ma'Jin is a hero... :w00t: [/QUOTE]

The fat one was. Then he became corrupted and turned into a skinnier Majin Buu, and was seemingly unstoppable.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

like both GOKU and ASTROBOY- WOULD BE GOOD fanfiction FOR BOTH TO TEAM UP-
HI- HUGS SWEETLY

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

Sorry for the slight bump, but I thought I would comment since I am a fan of Dragon Ball.

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:I watched the video some days ago, it was alright.

I happen to be a fan of Dragonball... However, I'm really only fond of the first Dragonball (the one with child Goku, and more closely based on Journey to the West), but I will admit that DBZ is better than DBGT.

I'd actually have to wonder if Astro Boy would be bested by Goku. While Astro Boy does have over 100,000 horsepower and seven mechanical powers, he also doesn't posses 'other-worldly' powers that Goku does. And Astro would EASILY be obliterated by a Spirit Bomb, no questions asked. Even then, Goku had fought many other robots/androids before, robots more capable than Astro in some ways.

Not to mention, Goku's power level IS "over nine thousand". One has to wonder if saiyan power is stronger than mere horsepower. :P

So, as great as it is to DB fans and as saddening/maddening as it is to AB fans, Astro would realistically be defeated.

However since the videos are being produced by an AB fan, something tells me that the end result might end up very biased. It'd probably be better if the end resulted in a tie.

I think I have to agree with this post. I understand this video was only done for fun, but I'll put in my two cents on this...

To be honest, I don't think Astro Boy could defeat adult Goku due to those reasons you listed. On top of those reasons, Goku has teleportation which would aid him very well in a match like this.

Then again, I suppose it's not fair to compare two different series with two different measurements of power. There are some characters in Dragon Ball that are ridiculously over-powered, especially in Dragon Ball GT. Even at that point in Goku's life (at the Cell Games), he has quite a bit of power compared to everybody else (except for Gohan, who Goku actually states is more powerful then him during the fight against Cell).

So maybe if Astro had his power increased to about a hundred million horsepower...(I'm joking, I'm joking).

On topic though, I thought this video was okay. Interesting to see Astro Boy and Goku in the same video. However, I think it would even more interesting if Astro faced Goku when Goku was a kid. Also, I have to agree with Dr. Jerk. I think if the match ends up being a tie, it would be better.

BBally
Metro City Citizen

Postby BBally » 13 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Sorry for the slight bump, but I thought I would comment since I am a fan of Dragon Ball.

[QUOTE=Dr. Jerk;121336]I watched the video some days ago, it was alright.

I happen to be a fan of Dragonball... However, I'm really only fond of the first Dragonball (the one with child Goku, and more closely based on Journey to the West), but I will admit that DBZ is better than DBGT.

I'd actually have to wonder if Astro Boy would be bested by Goku. While Astro Boy does have over 100,000 horsepower and seven mechanical powers, he also doesn't posses 'other-worldly' powers that Goku does. And Astro would EASILY be obliterated by a Spirit Bomb, no questions asked. Even then, Goku had fought many other robots/androids before, robots more capable than Astro in some ways.

Not to mention, Goku's power level IS "over nine thousand". One has to wonder if saiyan power is stronger than mere horsepower. :P

So, as great as it is to DB fans and as saddening/maddening as it is to AB fans, Astro would realistically be defeated.

However since the videos are being produced by an AB fan, something tells me that the end result might end up very biased. It'd probably be better if the end resulted in a tie.

I think I have to agree with this post. I understand this video was only done for fun, but I'll put in my two cents on this...

To be honest, I don't think Astro Boy could defeat adult Goku due to those reasons you listed. On top of those reasons, Goku has teleportation which would aid him very well in a match like this.

Then again, I suppose it's not fair to compare two different series with two different measurements of power. There are some characters in Dragon Ball that are ridiculously over-powered, especially in Dragon Ball GT. Even at that point in Goku's life (at the Cell Games), he has quite a bit of power compared to everybody else (except for Gohan, who Goku actually states is more powerful then him during the fight against Cell).

So maybe if Astro had his power increased to about a hundred million horsepower...(I'm joking, I'm joking).

On topic though, I thought this video was okay. Interesting to see Astro Boy and Goku in the same video. However, I think it would even more interesting if Astro faced Goku when Goku was a kid. Also, I have to agree with Dr. Jerk. I think if the match ends up being a tie, it would be better.[/QUOTE]

Although in Omega Factor, Astro was powerful enough to beat Sharaku's Three-Eyed-One mode, which is supposed to be really powerful at his full potential.
Badre El Amir Bally

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

"Yuusha Senshi Godaiger" wrote:
"Shiyonasan" wrote:*Long quote from Yours Truly*

Although in Omega Factor, Astro was powerful enough to beat Sharaku's Three-Eyed-One mode, which is supposed to be really powerful at his full potential.

I'm not denying that Atom is really powerful in that game during that battle.

Like I said in my post that you quoted, I don't think it's fair to compare two different series with two different measurements of power seriously. I just think it's ludicrous to do so.

Apples and oranges.

Return to “Fan Creations”