Astro Boy Gets Limited Reprint for Tezuka's 90th Birthday

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Earthshine

Re: Astro Boy Gets Limited Reprint for Tezuka's 90th Birthday

Postby Earthshine » 6 years ago

Is there a special significance to there only being 777 available? What I specifically mean is does the number 777 have a special value to Tezuka?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 6 years ago

If there is, it might be mentioned on the item's page though it might be lost in the translation.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 6 years ago

MIGHTY ATOM THE EARLY ADVENTURES (TITLE OF THIS COMMEMORATION!) IS COMING SOON! Shipping begins mid or latter part of August It should be fun to own this!

I :heart: :astro: :D
Attachments
ASTRO BOY EARLY ADVENTURES.jpg
ASTRO BOY EARLY ADVENTURES.jpg (49.52 KiB) Viewed 3215 times

jeffbert
Minister of Science

i WILL LOG IN TO MY shoppingmalljapan account later this week, as the thing should by then have shipped to shoppingmalljapan. The way it works, is that shoppingmalljapan ships a ton of items every once in a while and thus save $$ in shipping costs for the buyers. Then, once the stuff arrives at shoppingmalljapan's US site, it becomes available to ship to the buyers. You must check the [ship] box on your account before it will ever reach you.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I just checked both SMJ & the seller's page, http://www.fukkan.com/fk/CartSearchDeta ... 5907&tr=tb

the item seems to be available for shipping from the seller, but as noted earlier, it will be a while before it reaches SMJ's facility in the USA. I expect to get them by mid-Sept.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

That seems like a good estimate!
Let's catch the future!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Ok; I just received the email invoice for my order that was just received by SMJ from the seller. While this may seem odd, I had merely authorized SMJ to debit my CC when I made the order. No $ had actually been debited at that time. I just now, using Paypal, paid the invoice, & expect that the item will be available for shipping soon (yeah, it does seem like it is more complex than needed, but it works).

If you, on the other hand, actually used the
1) Please enter an amount in US Dollars:
.00 USD

2) Please select deposit type:
"Cash or Charge" (most popular)
"Credit Card Authorization"

Add Deposit

If making a "Cash or Charge" type deposit, you will be directed to another page for payment.

"Cash or Charge" (most popular) method, then your cc was debited at that time. You will need to email SMJ & include your account NAME to direct them to use that money to pay your invoice (yeah, it does seem like it is more complex than needed, but it works). I used this method, & it worked fine, when I ordered URAN's boxed set.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

No, I used PayPal. Item was paid. Now like you I am waiting for item to be shipped.

Catch the future!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

The site indicates "Batch to US office" so I assume it is still in Japan and will soon be shipped to the USA. :lol:

In reading the chrome translation of the item's page, it says something about this one lacking the ads that were featured in the 'original' reprint. Those ads, are for items sold way back then, when the manga were 1st published. It seems like a lot of trouble, but I guess they had to make some difference so those 1000 copies would retain their scarcity. Also, 3d glasses are likewise omitted. As I recall, TEST PILOT is the one story that was printed in 3D. :P

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

At has arrived! It comes in a nice commemorative box.
There are three volumes in three different sizes. Unfortunately for me the "Captain Atom" chapter is the same one reprinted in the Kodansha collection of the Mighty Atom from the Kodansha complete works of Osamu Tezuka and what was reprinted as a special edition of Kappa Comics included in the commemorative "birthday" box released in 2003 which I also own. But the color sections of this collection are excellent. Especially "The Midoro Swamp" episode which shows the death of Cobalt and the episode of "Frankenstein." So for a serious Astro Boy collector it is a valuable item. Thanks to Jeffbert for showing the way to purchase it.

I :heart: :astro: :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”