Peeping Life TV Season 1??

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

I didn't know Crunchy Roll was going to get this. SWEET! Got something to watch on the 10th =D Funny how that opening managed to be almost just as long as the w minute preview. Almost as if they planned it that way... :whistling:
and that opening was like a Where's Waldo game of Tezuka cameos :lol:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

http://www.crunchyroll.com/peeping-life-tv-season-1/episode-1-686749

First episode became available for free users about an hour ago.

This is actually a pretty funny show, though it's not going to be for everyone. This show is funny, but a quirky and dumb kind of funny. One of the comments on Crunchyroll called this "SNL for anime", which I think is an apt description.

Only the first skit has Astro Boy in it. However, Black Jack is in the third skit with Boyacky from Yatterman, so half of this episode has Tezuka characters in it.

Anyway, I think this will only be enjoyable to people who've watched Tezuka shows and Tatsunoko shows, as well as those people who enjoy shows like SNL or Robot Chicken. If nothing else, the top-rated comment says that this show "is a great chance to hear real, everyday conversational Japanese. So everyone learning the language should give it a try," which I can certainly tell.

Overall, I enjoyed it for what it is.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the preview for the second episode doesn't show Astro Boy characters in it, so presumably, they won't show up in every episode. However, Tink from Princess Knight will be in one of the skits next episode, so it seems every episode will feature at least one skit with one or more Tezuka characters in it.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Hm, I may pick and choose, as I have not actually watched a lot of the other Tezuka shows (like, where can you find that stuff, anyway?), and have not seen any Tatsunoko as far as I am aware of (and no longer can since the only place that I knew of that had any, Anime Sols, is down). If anybody can tell me when and where the Astroboy stuff shows, though, I'd appreciate it, bc I'm not sure I'd get most of the humor otherwise (unless it's not very contextually dependent upon the characters it features).

Idk if I want to watch this. It is subbed, right? I suppose I'd find out, either way...

Well the opening certainly isn't subbed, which is slightly disappointing. And they call Atom "Astro", which is a bit of a peeve of mine. But so far, so good. "Potato chip", indeed. :3

Also the thing on the side insisting I need to make an account and try a free trial to watch the rest of the video is taking up space and is generally annoying tbh. I'm not sure I'd pay for a Crunchy Roll account, even if I had the means; I have so much more important things to worry about.

Okay so, it wouldn't let me watch the entire episode- just the first segment. Why?

Also they called Uran "Zoran" that was more than ten years ago I cannot believe
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

"Shiyonasan" wrote:http://www.crunchyroll.com/peeping-life-tv-season-1/episode-1-686749

First episode became available for free users about an hour ago.

This is actually a pretty funny show, though it's not going to be for everyone. This show is funny, but a quirky and dumb kind of funny. One of the comments on Crunchyroll called this "SNL for anime", which I think is an apt description.

Only the first skit has Astro Boy in it. However, Black Jack is in the third skit with Boyacky from Yatterman, so half of this episode has Tezuka characters in it.

Anyway, I think this will only be enjoyable to people who've watched Tezuka shows and Tatsunoko shows, as well as those people who enjoy shows like SNL or Robot Chicken. If nothing else, the top-rated comment says that this show "is a great chance to hear real, everyday conversational Japanese. So everyone learning the language should give it a try," which I can certainly tell.

Overall, I enjoyed it for what it is.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the preview for the second episode doesn't show Astro Boy characters in it, so presumably, they won't show up in every episode. However, Tink from Princess Knight will be in one of the skits next episode, so it seems every episode will feature at least one skit with one or more Tezuka characters in it.

I thought this had a Robot Chicken vibe as well. A much more laid back Robot Chicken, but it's there.
Astro Boy and Black Jack were funny. I also liked the couple on the plane. Don't know if they were supposed to be anyone in particular or originals for the skit.
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

It wouldn't let me watch the whole thing. :<
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Oh no. I wonder why. Do you have an account? You can start a free one.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

But after a free trial ends, they start charging you. :o I don't have the means to pay for anything right now.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

yeah, but that's just for premium membership. There's a free basic membership that I'm currently in

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

They only offered a free trial. Idk why they won't let anyone who isn't a member watch the whole thing; seems like they're trying to force me into something that I don't want...
lolwut

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

First episode played through the end. Second episode isn't free yet. Mustachio and Sapphire were in the ending credits, guess they will appear in future episodes.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”