uran pictures

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

So I guess you've seen the series in German, Strange Wings?

In any case, thanks to both of you. I knew which episode you were talking about. But while I spontaneously think of the English names for the 80 series episodes, I know only the exact French names for the 2003 series. :huh: So I have to check my list whenever I want to write here! :D I've yet to hear Astro's 2003 English voice...

In French, it's "Zoran mène l'enquête" (Zoran leads the investigation).

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

Originally posted by adrian _68+Aug 1 2005, 06:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adrian _68 @ Aug 1 2005, 06:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--DrFrag@Jul 31 2005, 09:26 AM
(black borders cropped and aspect ratio fixed)

Thanks for the pic Dr. Frag. BTW, you mentioned aspect ratio isn't it? That is the number at the upper left corner, right? What's it for anyway and is there a way to remove them without using a photoediting software?[/b][/quote]
The number at the upper left corner was the clock. :D It appears during childrens' television sometimes, and notably on the bootleg DVDs which were recorded off Japanese television. The picture above is from the official DVDs so there's no clock in the corner.

Aspect ratio is the picture shape. Normal television is 4:3 (that is, slightly wider than it is tall) and widescreen television is 16:9 (almost twice as wide as it is tall). The picture above is 700x392, which is a 16:9 ratio. However, it originally appeared stretched vertically (700 x four hundred and something). This is called Anamorphic, and normally digital television and DVDs squash the picture down to 16:9 so it looks right. The Australian DVDs of Astroboy are widescreen, so you get to see a bit more than the US version.

If you want to get rid of the clock in the corner (or a TV station logo), you could download the trail version of Paint Shop Pro. There's a "touch-up" button that allows you to smudge colours around and sometimes you can smudge the surrounding picture over the clock. Especially if it's over the sky or a blank wall or something easily smudgeable.
There are more advanced techniques but it's a bit too much to go into here. :)

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Aug 1 2005, 03:45 AM
So I guess you've seen the series in German, Strange Wings?

No, unfortunately not. German versions are only existing from the first 6 episodes of the 80's series. I don't think whether the new series ever will be released in german dubbing.
Nevermind, I don't care that much for german versions anyway. ;)
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Astro Forever
Administrator

Wow, no German dubbing at all? :( That's sad. Astro won't get many new fans in Germany...

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 19 years ago

Speaking of emotion chips, in the last episode of the 2003 run didn't we not catch Astro sniffling as if crying before he turned around to talk to Reno and the rest of them?

Astro: I was......just.....cleaning my eyes! yeah I uh....got some sand in the optical lenses.

admiral self denial red booted one.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Astro Forever
Administrator

Yes, there was:

This is right after he turned around.

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Aug 2 2005, 09:42 AM
Yes, there was:

This is right after he turned around.

I love that pic. :)

Check out the new thread from Jeffbert. It has lots of cute Uran pics:
http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/inde...t=ST&f=1&t=1272

Check his link too for more pics from that episode. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Atoman@Aug 2 2005, 09:29 PM
I love that pic. :)

Check out the new thread from Jeffbert. It has lots of cute Uran pics:
http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/inde...t=ST&f=1&t=1272

Check his link too for more pics from that episode. :lol:

Thank you. I have watched jeffbert's new topics with a lot of interest (though I replied in another thread). ;) The few black and white Astroboy episodes I have seen must not have been among the bests, because I found them very average... In fact I often found myself looking at the clock because I was bored, but most still did have their funny moments! :D However, all of jeffbert's threads, pictures and other talk around here make me want to watch those episodes! :)

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

dunno why,but something about this just strikes me as funny XD
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!
as aproved by astro boy!
http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/
as aproved by astro boy!
ImageImageImage...what?

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

"dannavy85" wrote:Speaking of emotion chips, in the last episode of the 2003 run didn't we not catch Astro sniffling as if crying before he turned around to talk to Reno and the rest of them?

Astro: I was......just.....cleaning my eyes! yeah I uh....got some sand in the optical lenses.

admiral self denial red booted one.

yeah i saw that it was near episode 38 or some thing.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”