Astroboy the movie ( Sticky? )

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:[QUOTE=Fauna;75480]I just hope they give Astro a suitable voice. That, and they don't make every other character look insane. [Anybody else remember what Master Splinter looked like in TMNT?]
I've never heard of it, but what do you mean by "look insane"? Physically, psychologically or both?
[/QUOTE]

:astro: Ah, I'm fine with change, but I'm worried about the physical department. I've seen Astro and he looks all right, but then I think of DanNavy's observation that the art "had a Ken Steacy look". And that instantly reminds me of this and I die inside a little.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

"Fauna" wrote: :astro: Ah, I'm fine with change, but I'm worried about the physical department. I've seen Astro and he looks all right, but then I think of DanNavy's observation that the art "had a Ken Steacy look". And that instantly reminds me of this and I die inside a little.

:lol:

I think it's just fine. :)

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 16 years ago

i heard Tmnt and `everbody's hero did NOT do well, some people claim they were far too childlish` and the fact these creators will make the Astroboy movie...is anyone a bit worried it might become too child lish?
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Only kind of "childish" I'm truly concerned of is fart jokes. :shifty: Otherwise, I'm all right.
ImageImageImageImage

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

Postby astro-me » 16 years ago

Wow! 3-D! That's gonna be cool1 :D
Go :astro: stro Boy!

"Love all creatures! Love everything that has life!"

-Osamu Tezuka

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

"Fauna" wrote:Only kind of "childish" I'm truly concerned of is fart jokes. :shifty: Otherwise, I'm all right.

:confused:

-Osamu Tezuka

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

"astro-me" wrote:[QUOTE=Fauna;75518]Only kind of "childish" I'm truly concerned of is fart jokes. :shifty: Otherwise, I'm all right.

:confused: [/QUOTE]

Blast...I kinda meant that I was worried about the writers inserting unneeded gross jokes throughout the film. If you've ever seen a kid's movie these days, there's at least one gross joke in it. (Have you seen the ad for the Jungle Book DVD? They took the clip of Baloo roaring and put a belch noise over it! I mean, WTH?)
So, that's the centre of my worries.
ImageImageImageImage

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=astro-me;75571][QUOTE=Fauna;75518]Only kind of "childish" I'm truly concerned of is fart jokes. :shifty: Otherwise, I'm all right.

:confused: [/QUOTE]

Blast...I kinda meant that I was worried about the writers inserting unneeded gross jokes throughout the film. If you've ever seen a kid's movie these days, there's at least one gross joke in it. (Have you seen the ad for the Jungle Book DVD? They took the clip of Baloo roaring and put a belch noise over it! I mean, WTH?)
So, that's the centre of my worries.[/QUOTE]
Ah. That makes sense. Animators think kids are WAY more immature than they actually are.

-Osamu Tezuka

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

"astro-me" wrote:Ah. That makes sense. Animators think kids are WAY more immature than they actually are.

Like Craig Furguson once said on family movies, "You've got the poop jokes, you've got the fart jokes, and then you've got stuff for the kids!"

But really, I hope Imagi recognizes 2/3 of the moviegoers will be old fans and doesn't resort to immaturity.
Last edited by Fauna on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

"Fauna" wrote:
But really, I hope Imagi recognizes 2/3 of the moviegoers will be old fans and doesn't resort to immaturity.

True, true. I can't exactly call myself an old fan, but I don't enjoy that crude humor.

-Osamu Tezuka

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”