The Lost Canadian Dub...

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

"Daichi" wrote:Something about killing people? Oh right, that. That was just a silly joke I made when I was introducing myself to someone.

I did not take it literally but I remember it came after what I thought was a very harsh reply of yours (and the other user seemed to react to it), which is why I asked you to not kill our members (as in, don't make them leave). I believe there was also an angry smiley in my post. ;)

You know I do think that speaking one's mind, as opposed to everybody shutting up for fear of not pleaseing can potentially bring positive changes... but if somebody makes a non offensive/disturbing joke or post and you (or anybody else for that matter) find it stupid or useless, it's your right to think this way but will this forum be a better place or the person grow as a result of saying so? How about just going to the next post then?

Now of course if there's a recurrent problem with a user, it's a different situation (but still, being harsh towards the said user might just create another problem).

I'm willing to help by pointing what could be seen as negative from the point of view of another poster but unfortulately if somebody's already been hurt, it might not automatically make them feel at ease. It's kind of difficult, but let's try to keep the line of communication opened, I guess eventually we'll be on the same page.

BTW, what does that remind you of? Now you've gotten me all curious. <_<

It's done, I've posted it. :cool:

Fauna, I'm sorry your thread has been hijacked, but I'm confident we'll go back to our regular programming soon. :unsure: I do remember a thread in which some of these names had been posted but I think you may just have clarified a few of them.

Daichi
Robot President

Postby Daichi » 16 years ago

I see... Yeah, I see.
Okay, I'll try to put a rein on my tongue from now on.

I can't say that no one will ever be offended by my words, or that I will stop being honest... However, I will try not to hurt people's feelings or speak when I shouldn't. And I will not comment when I think something's stupid. ^^;

Sorry for all the trouble I've caused.
Thanks.

Where? Lemme go check...
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."
-Atlas

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 16 years ago

Max McNugget is the best name ever.
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

Astro Forever
Administrator

Thanks Daichi. :)

Golgo 13
Kokoro Robot

Postby Golgo 13 » 16 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=Daichi;80022]
UPDATE!
Here's the list, but I filled in the blanks. I even came across my very first forum post in the same thread. XD
Uran = Sarah
Jump = Blip
Dr. Boyton = Dr. Balfus
Dr. Elefun = Professor Peabody
Daddy Walrus = Max McNugget
Lillian = Selena
Skunk = Slippery
Bruton = Commonturk

I can't pull any others from memory, but Atlas was the same...

I'm sure Daddy Walrus was Albert Duncan as in the US version. Maybe his "detective" alter ego was Max Mcnugget in a couple episodes?

I need the Canadian dub. My son loves watching the Manga Astro DVDs and the US dub is making my ears bleed. The acting is horrific. Its just plain lazy and you can tell their attitude was "kids are stupid, just record anything". The same 2 guys and 2 girls do every voice with little or no variation between them. I mean Atlas' voice is the generic voice for every random male character or episode specific character in the whole series. Weak.

A couple more name differences:

US**********Can
Fireball******Comet
Galon******Pluto
Zeus******Apollo? (not positive)

The biggest plot difference as far as the shortened Canadian versions I remember was the final scene of the Greatest Robot in the World. I don't remember the Bird thing that Astro fights in the end at all. Was this cut out?

Astro Forever
Administrator

"Golgo 13" wrote:The biggest plot difference as far as the shortened Canadian versions I remember was the final scene of the Greatest Robot in the World. I don't remember the Bird thing that Astro fights in the end at all. Was this cut out?

No, but this robot didn't destroy Bruton (well that wasn't his name), because this was Bruton... he didn't have a bomb inside, the device was supposed to allow him to transform himself into a stronger robot (and a less intelligent one at the same time).

I always thought it was weird that Bruton would help Astro, then reappear in just a few seconds from inside a hill... :eek:

Oh, I agree about the "generic male voice". It's like Atlas is everywhere! It must not have been that bad for children when they watched only an episode a week, but the result is really awful on DVD! :lol:

Golgo 13
Kokoro Robot

Postby Golgo 13 » 16 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:No, but this robot didn't destroy Bruton (well that wasn't his name), because this was Bruton... he didn't have a bomb inside, the device was supposed to allow him to transform himself into a stronger robot (and a less intelligent one at the same time).

I was thinking about it and I was going to say I thought Bruton transformered into the bird thing, but if I was wrong I would have sounded dumb...I guess I was right after all. Plus a part of me doesn't want to remember Bruton that way....the original/US version is better in this case.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

I would had hope they would had done a better job- done right the series could make a lot of money. thanks

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

I just watched "The Light Ray Robot" in French, and in the end, Light Ray doesn't explode! They say there's a "Christmas miracle" and he survives!

Astro Forever
Administrator

"Fauna" wrote:I just watched "The Light Ray Robot" in French, and in the end, Light Ray doesn't explode! They say there's a "Christmas miracle" and he survives!

Yes! :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”