All 2003s Astro screenshots

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:I know, it's easily one of the nicest looking tv anime I've ever seen. It further makes me wonder why Tezuka Productions doesn't do more projects, considering the money they have at their disposal.

The money for that show mostly came from Sony, who then messed it up in the US. And since then everything from Tezuka is always a flop it's no wonder they barely do anime anymore.
I'm on Twitter.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 11 years ago

It's a shame how one thing can have such a huge chain reaction and mess everything else up.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

Agreed. Heck, I wish they'd make a Rainbow Parakeet anime, since it's most likely that I'll never get to read the manga.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Prettywitchiusaka;208625]I know, it's easily one of the nicest looking tv anime I've ever seen. It further makes me wonder why Tezuka Productions doesn't do more projects, considering the money they have at their disposal.

The money for that show mostly came from Sony, who then messed it up in the US. And since then everything from Tezuka is always a flop it's no wonder they barely do anime anymore.[/QUOTE]It seriously peeves me to no end why Sony ruined the show over here. It was Tezuka Production's one opportunity to become relevant with consumers outside of Japan again and the show was torn apart and along with a subpar advertisement, doomed the show. Had this not been the case, it would have probably been successful like the 2003 show was in Japan.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next series (if we get one) was never released outside of Japan because of this, as shown as the English fan base being reduced to small areas of the Internet (gathered only in a few places). Part of the reason why I'm learning Japanese is so that I won't have to deal with terrible dubs anymore and its pretty sad when having to do it for such a big franchise like Tetuswan Atom (Japanese with English subtitle should have been a given on the English DVDs).

At least with Dragon Ball Z's subpar English dubbing, it was still entertaining in its own right and was a massive success (Plus English fans at least get to have the Japanese subtitles if they want the original experience). The Tetsuwan Atom 2003 dub stripped what made the franchise special, made it into a Mega Man clone (explains why some people are misguided into think Mega Man comes before Atom) and bombed hard. No one should defend the dub because it did nothing for the fans.

Should explain why the American DVDs have almost no value whatsoever.
Last edited by Fuzzy Pickles! on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

It seems interesting.
I think the problem with people and companies is that the people look at the company as a whole instead of looking at the individuals inside the company. For example, there are some great Disney movies and some terrible Disney movies because of the people who wrote them. Most only look at the movies the company has made in a whole instead of seeing the difference between one person's writing and another's which is why there are people who hate Disney and those who love them.

I think this is the problem with Sony and Tezuka related things. Because there was one guy who messed up, people seem to just be avoid the "genre" of Tezuka and the Sony company as a whole instead of just avoiding things that certain individual has made.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 11 years ago

;) There's nothing to be ashamed of.

Well...Except for my diarrohea humiliations of course :blush:

Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astrogirl500 » 11 years ago

"Strange Wings" wrote:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Astro :blush: ,i love your big eyes...: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

He does have some adorably humongous eyes! :heart:

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

I know! Especialy when he's confused, that's when they're at their cutest to me.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

:astro: :wub: Doesn't he, though?

Even my 85 year old mother commented at the end of the 2009 "He's got nice eyes!"

You're never too old to be a fangirl! :lol:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”