Here is the lost 1980 pilot

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 13 years ago

Astro vs. Atlas eppy? The one toward the series climax?

You know, I should count all my scripts and match them against the number of shows actually released. I wonder if one (or more) is missing altogether?

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

@Jayrath
You mentioned on the script Astro's quote a famous line "Hello, bird!" Sorry to sound naïve but where did the quote come from? The anime's a few years before my time and I've never heard of it before. :lol:

Bender the Sniper@
If you mean the uncut episode in Japanese, I think it's on youtube somewhere subbed. However I heard it got blocked in the U.S. :eek:

Try asking The Tawashi Bus Hat, he might be able to help you! :3

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Ugh! I cannot remember. It was in the script, I'm sure, and early on, in the episode where Astro discovers he can fly.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

Hi, Jayrath! You say that you dubbed the first episode in Dec. 1980/Jan. 1981! Then would you tell me when actual production on the series began? And since the episodes have a copyright of 1982, when did you complete the dubbing of the series? Also I believe Bender the Sniper is referring to the first of the episodes known as "Atom Vs. Atlas" in which they meet and fight and Atlas stays from finishing off "Astro" because he remembers what Livian told him about picking on the weak! (Here Astro is weak because he just finished exhausting his energy breaking up icebergs!)

I :heart: :astro: :)

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Ugh! I'll have to pull my scripts out of storage. My recollection is that actual series production began in late May or early June, 1981. I did date some of my scripts -- I can't promise that I dated them all. I have to look.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

"jayrath" wrote:Ugh! I'll have to pull my scripts out of storage. My recollection is that actual series production began in late May or early June, 1981. I did date some of my scripts -- I can't promise that I dated them all. I have to look.

Thank you Jayrath! While much information is now available about the other versions of "Astro Boy" aka "Astroboy" aka "TetsuWan Atom(u)", not much is out there about the production of the "official" English version of "Shin TetsuWan Atom(u)"!

(Its too bad Dr. Frag's excellent website is no longer! He really went all out to get information on all the different versions of "Astro Boy"! Hail to you, Dr. Frag, wherever you are!)

I :heart: :astro: :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”