Astroboy 2009: The re-script

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

The Last Scene
Rejoice!

The scene begins with Cora and the kids combing through the wreckage of the city. They find Astro busted up in a park near a fountain that’s Tezuka’s mythical Phoenix statue from the Tezuka Museum. Cora drops to him and believes he’s gone.

Cora: Astro? No……no……”

Cora gathers him up and cries as a crowd starts to gather around.

Person: Who is he?

Person 2: He…sacrificed himself to save the city.

Person 3: He’s just a robot…why would he care?

Doctor Elifun walks up and kneels down

Doctor Elifun: because this robot had more humanity than most of us.

Cora: Please? Please do something?

Doctor Elifun: It’s beyond me.

Person 4: Aren’t you from the Ministry of Science? Do something! He saved all of us! For God’s sake do something!

Doctor Elifun: He was powered by a special blue core. Who knows what it could have done for the world and now….it’s died with him.

Cora: It’s….It’s not fair! All he ever did was help people!

Zog comes walking up

Zog: Not just people.

Doctor Elifun: Who’s this?

Cora: This is Zog…Astro brought him back to life.

Doctor Elifun stands up.

Doctor Elifun: The blue core?

Zog taps his chest.

Doctor Elifun: Can you….would you….spare some?

Zog: Need you ask?

Zog zaps Astro with juice and slowly he comes around.

Cora loses it and hugs Astro tight. Astro looks around as people and robots cheer and cry. He looks up at Zog…

Astro: Thanks Zog

Zog: No biggie

People grab Astro and fling him in the air. Cora’s parents see her and run up to hug her. Tenma joins Elifun as Soldiers carry a delirious general Stone by them.

Doctor Tenma: Albert? I think it’s time we scientists followed our hearts and not our grants, don’t you?

The scene changes to the steps of the government building where President Lear signs the Robot Rights Law. Astro sits with Cora. Sludge and Widget. Doctor Tenma and Doctor Elifun and others.

President Lear: And with this new law my friends, Metro City hear by grants not only full civil rights and privileges to our wonderful friends the robots but hear by bans robots from being conscripted or designed for use in war.

As Lear speaks, Cora gives Astro a kiss. He freaks out and falls back into Doctor Tenma’s hands…

Doctor Tenma: You’re going to have to get used to a lot of that.

Orin comes up with a phone.

Orin: Master Tenma, you have a phone call.

Doctor Tenma: Orin…it’s not Master any more. Just Bill. Why don’t you take a vacation? Get out and find a nice girl bot, paint the town red? But not with any real paint.

Orin: Why…..why thank you Bill! Oh dear me…I don’t know what to do…

Cora and Astro walk up.

Astro: Don’t worry Orin. We’ll introduce you to Pizza, you’ll love it.

Suddenly the sun monster shows up and starts zapping buildings. Astro pushes Cora and Oran away and starts running. He’s caught by Tenma.

Doctor Tenma: Astro? Are you sure you’re ready for this?

Astro: I was built ready.

We see Astro run from the front as civilians run past him and soldiers start blasting. A ball of energy strikes the ground and we see Astro run through it. His engines light off and the camera rolls around behind him as he rockets into the air and we see the sun monster ahead of him. Now the camera rolls around to the front just as He stops with a cocked fist and delivers a punch!

Quick change to black

THE END

CREDIT ROLL
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”