Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 13 years ago

-_- can someone post a like to this episode plz. anyone? :( :( :(
Now active on MyAnimeList

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I think this is one of the Japanese-only episodes that are available only when you have one of those boxed sets....
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

As far as I know, you are right, AprilSeven. There are 6 separate DVDs that each have 3 episodes on them, they are under $20, but still R2. There is a thread around here, "ATOM BEST OF" or something like that. GREATEST ROBOT 1 & 2 is on 1 of them, but none have MONSTER MANTLER.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

I just want to thank you, Jeffbert for sharing these images with us! I know the TetsuWan Atomu DVD set is hard to come by and must be expensive! I have the Japanese episode guide, but that only gives you a glimpse of each episode. So thank you again and I cannot wait until your next episode spotlight! I :heart: :astro: :)

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

yes thank you JEFFBERT also for sharing those images

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"jeffbert" wrote:Ok, here is the part for which I expected some members would be eagerly waiting:

The Mantler gives him about 5 good swats, before finishing.

After this, the Mantler makes him do an Indian war dance, and a few other things, as though he were just a marionette. :D

Here is another tushie shot:

:p

There should be over a dozen pics on this post, but, for some reason, image shack is not displaying several of my images, some pages have all displayed, while other image shack pages have seemingly random or arbitrary ones missing. The names are there, but nothing else.
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"jeffbert" wrote:Atoman had showed me this episode long before I bought my own boxed sets, and a few of these images are double exposure, as they are from images captured while viewing for the 1st time. Given time, I will make new captures and replace the double exposed images.

Atoman noted the similarity between this episode & The Twilight Zone's pilot: the protagonists both awaken to find themselves in a deserted town. They both hear noises, & hoping to find people, run to investigate; but find no traces of life.

This ep has similarities to the T Zone’s pilot. E. Holloman and Atom both awaken to find themselves in deserted town / city. Evidence is found of people having just been there, but no one is found. Both characters despair.

“The World, The Flesh, and the Devil” (1959) had the guy who was sole survivor of nuclear war go to a radio station and play tapes to learn what had happened. Atom does likewise. Of course, there are too few similarities to do more than merely suggest that this episode may have been inspired by either of these, though Tezuka was known for his borrowing. Besides that, he may have by this time been almost completely uninvolved in this series.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 13 years ago

??

jeffbert
Minister of Science

teugene50, IT WOULD HELP if you would put some words before the "??" :D

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 13 years ago

Is it just me? or is this episode famous for all the wrong reasons?
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”