Can Astro sweat ?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
iceytina
Kokoro Robot

Postby iceytina » 13 years ago

Just say, yes he can cry and sweat, because you WANT him to be able to! I'm sticking to the Manga's display of what he can "do" over the Anime.

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 13 years ago

"iceytina" wrote:Just say, yes he can cry and sweat, because you WANT him to be able to! I'm sticking to the Manga's display of what he can "do" over the Anime.

Thanks for your opinion iceytina :)

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I guess...OR! Something was dripping down from the ceiling!

Although I gotta agree with Dr. Jerk, nothing does stay consistent through out the series, I mean look at Astro's abilities, where he once had rocket arms he now has arm cannons, and he doesn't have lasers fingers like in the older series. In the 60's all Astro could do was fly, punch and fire machine guns.

I just, I dunno. I guess for the manga it could be true. But I still think it's a way of expressing emotions. Think of anime and sweatdrops, it doesn't actually mean the character is dripping a giant drop of sweat down their head, it's just the way of showing the character is completely freaked out or having a 'wtf?' moment.

Then again I could be entirely wrong ^_^;;;

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

He still has rocket arms and finger lasers in the 2003 series.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"jayrath" wrote:That's not sweat. It's an oil leak. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In the 1980 series, Astro would sometimes wipe away his forehead, as if in sweat. I'm thinking he probably did it in the "Greatest Robot in the World" part II, while covering the volcano with rocks. I don't remember if there was visible sweat, but I would be surprised if there wasn't.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

I wondered once if robot sweat - in this case, Astro's - was just condensation forming on the exterior of a robot due to coolant or any H20 component, but maybe it's possible Tenma designed Astro to emit slight amounts of water to help cool down Astro's overall system in case of extreme temperatures.

(I'm working on a comic about humanoid robots, so I have to think about this sort of thing quite a lot. ^^ ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:I wondered once if robot sweat - in this case, Astro's - was just condensation forming on the exterior of a robot due to coolant or any H20 component, but maybe it's possible Tenma designed Astro to emit slight amounts of water to help cool down Astro's overall system in case of extreme temperatures.

That makes sense, but where would the water come from? If it were condensation, how would it form only on certain parts of his body?
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

"Astro Forever" wrote:[QUOTE=jayrath;119686]That's not sweat. It's an oil leak. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In the 1980 series, Astro would sometimes wipe away his forehead, as if in sweat. I'm thinking he probably did it in the "Greatest Robot in the World" part II, while covering the volcano with rocks. I don't remember if there was visible sweat, but I would be surprised if there wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he is overheating :o hmy: , anyway Astro is still cute :heart:

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

"Fauna" wrote:I wondered once if robot sweat - in this case, Astro's - was just condensation forming on the exterior of a robot due to coolant or any H20 component, but maybe it's possible Tenma designed Astro to emit slight amounts of water to help cool down Astro's overall system in case of extreme temperatures.

(I'm working on a comic about humanoid robots, so I have to think about this sort of thing quite a lot. ^^ ;)

:) your idea is the same as mine :astro:

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

"Astro Boy2866" wrote:[QUOTE=Fauna;119795]I wondered once if robot sweat - in this case, Astro's - was just condensation forming on the exterior of a robot due to coolant or any H20 component, but maybe it's possible Tenma designed Astro to emit slight amounts of water to help cool down Astro's overall system in case of extreme temperatures.

That makes sense, but where would the water come from? If it were condensation, how would it form only on certain parts of his body?[/QUOTE]

Maybe sometimes Astro needs to drink to cool down his system, so the water came from there :unsure:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”