An Astro Boy article I've written

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Great article, and I loved seeing Dragonrider's comic at the end! :lol:

It's important for Astro to stay pure and focused as a "champion of justice" - that's what makes him idyllic and a hero.

When we see him struggle with the valid issues on both sides of a problem (i.e. fear of robots taking work away from humans vs. robots simply doing what they were created to do) it's very cathartic and in those moments, he's like any of us.

He works with all his might to be fair and open-minded. Because he's a child, he grabs your heart :wub:

It must have been a terrible time when :tezuka: felt pressured into making :astro: more imperfect. But look how he shared that lesson with us! :cool:

GREAT JOB!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

I know; I can only pray that never happens to any of us who plan to write for a living. Astro is a symbol of hope much like Superman is, only where it was Superman's destiny, Astro choose to become a beacon of hope for humans and robots. Either way though, it sends the message that we should at least try to understand each other before proceeding to violence.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

"Yuusha Senshi Godaiger" wrote:I've written an article about why I consider Astro to be Japan's equivalent to Superman over the more popular choice Goku

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/bballyscomicblock/news/?a=52160

I think your use of those pages straight out of Dark Horse manga is a bit presumptuous. You should rather use at most 1 or 2 panels, & simply link to Dark Horse' own site where, unless I am mistaken, those very same pages are on-line, as samples of the volume, #19, as I recall.

Otherwise, it seems o.k. to use the other images, & the article itself is well-written.

BBally
Metro City Citizen

Postby BBally » 12 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=Yuusha Senshi Godaiger;193997]I've written an article about why I consider Astro to be Japan's equivalent to Superman over the more popular choice Goku

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/bballyscomicblock/news/?a=52160

I think your use of those pages straight out of Dark Horse manga is a bit presumptuous. You should rather use at most 1 or 2 panels, & simply link to Dark Horse' own site where, unless I am mistaken, those very same pages are on-line, as samples of the volume, #19, as I recall.

Otherwise, it seems o.k. to use the other images, & the article itself is well-written.[/QUOTE]

I thought about that but then I decided to show the panels since I feel using some of them and disregarding the rest wouldn't properly show how much the 70's effected Astro and I don't think just putting the link would be appreciated by everyone.

Thanks for the feedback, though :astro:
Badre El Amir Bally

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

But, if you really have decent writing skill, you should be well-able to summarize what those pages say, & provide the links to DH's website for any who are inclined to check further. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”