STARRING "ASTRO GIRL"!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:What I DON'T "get" is the fact that - beyond physically resembling Uran, she also has shiny, "robotic" hair. She's not a robot, is she?? :eek:

Maybe it's gooey? Or maybe her kind are into super shiny hair?

I can't think of why she would be in that case hibernating. :confused: Unless she's some kind of bug thing...?

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Hmmm . . . let's see . . . I think she's probably hibernating in order to acquire some kind of "power"

She comes back to life, and she's with Astro, and looks pretty much the same . . . so maybe she's no longer vulnerable (whereas before the hibernation she could have been killed).

What I DON'T "get" is the fact that - beyond physically resembling Uran, she also has shiny, "robotic" hair. She's not a robot, is she?? :eek:

Hmmn! I never would have thought of that! Could the Green Princess be a robot? Great idea, AprilSeven! It really makes me want to sit down and translate. But I think I will wait a little while longer just to see what other guesses we get. But I must say AprilSeven, your guess is very imaginative. It might prove a better story idea then the actual thing.

Any way, let's see who else has an idea! I :heart: :astro: :)

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 12 years ago

Thanks for the cute story, ASTROBUDDY! :-)
By fiddling around a little with the images' contrast, I was able to translate the little tale.
Btw, it's not the "Green Princess", but the "Green Queen". ;-)
- JoOu = Queen
- OuJo = Princess

This story must be very unique. I can't recall any resemblance to any of the 60's episodes. Surely the theme about "queen and king living on other planet" may have occured a few times throughout the 60's series, but there certainly hasn't ever been made a 1to1 adaption for "The Green Queen", at least none I could think of.

Am I allowed to submit my version of the translation? Don't mean to interfere with your work, so I thought I'd better ask beforehand.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Be my guest! It will save me a lot of time and trouble. BTW, I never bothered to translate any of it before including the title. The title given was the one used by the Japanese seller of the item when he put it up for auction on eBay. I just presumed that he was correct given the images shown.

I :heart: :astro: :)

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 12 years ago

Ok, I tried to stay as accurate to the original writing as I could.
The queen didn't hibernate, she was merely held captive within the glass chamber. :-) But read for yourselves:

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl has an interplanetary visitor!

While Uran-chan was strolling around, all of a sudden, a flying saucer appeared and set for touch-down. A crowd of green-colored people deboarded the flying saucer and bowed before Uran: "Young lady, please come with us to our planet. It's very urgent."

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl takes a trip and is attacked by space marauders!

Uran boarded the flying saucer and flew away from the earth.
"To tell you the truth, we would like you to become a substitute for the queen of our country."
Uran was surprised.
At that moment, mysterious looking rockets appeared and started to attack the flying saucer.

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl sits on the throne!

The planet Uran-chan was about to arrive on was called "the green country", where both its king and queen were quarreling, and both their troops were waging war against each other. Since the queen has been kidnapped by the enemy, Uran-chan was asked to fill in for the queen for a while.

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl leads the charge against the invaders!

Uran-chan took the lead of the queen's troops, and together they left the castle in order to attack the enemy.
"Aaaargh, it's the tomboy queen! Everybody run away, flee for your life!"
The enemy was totally taken aback.

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl protects the sleeping Green Princess!

The real queen however was locked up within a glass chamber on a rocky mountain. Its guard is a terrifying monster.
"Alright, with my 100'000 horsepower I'm going to finish this guy off."
Uran-chan fought against the monster and broke off its horns.

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:As Astro Boy meets the real Green Princess, Astro Girl quietly slips away, having done a good deed: her mission accomplished!

As soon as Uran-chan rescued the queen and came back with her, the king came for reconciliation.
"I'm sorry. Let's not quarrel anymore, ok?"
Since the king was the spitting image of Atom, Uran suddenly didn't like to meet brother Atom again.
"Goodbye. Get along well, ok?"
Uran-chan went back to earth.

What a cute little story!
I was a little saddened by Uran's feelings against brother Atom in the end (after all, it isn't Atom's fault that the quarreling king happened too look like Atom himself).
I also didn't spot any mention about the queen & king being robots; I guess it's up to the reader to draw the conclusion. :-)
Apparently, here Uran is equipped with 100'000 HP, rather than just 10'000. Perhaps the stuff at Mushi Pro took some liberties here.
Last edited by Strange Wings on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added some correction in translation #4 and #5

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Aw, it's cute indeed. But poor Atom.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"Strange Wings" wrote:Ok, I tried to stay as accurate to the original writing as I could. The queen didn't hibernate, she was merely held captive within the glass chamber. :-) But read for yourselves: [QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;194917]Astro Girl has an interplanetary visitor!
While Uran-chan was strolling around, all of a sudden, a flying saucer appeared and set for touch-down. A crowd of green-colored people deboarded the flying saucer and bowed before Uran: "Young lady, please come with us to our planet. It's very urgent."
"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl takes a trip and is attacked by space marauders!
Uran boarded the flying saucer and flew away from the earth. "To tell you the truth, we would like you to become a substitute for the queen of our country." Uran was surprised. At that moment, mysterious looking rockets appeared and started to attack the flying saucer.
"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl sits on the throne!
The planet Uran-chan was about to arrive on was called "the green country", where both its king and queen were quarreling, and both their troops were waging war against each other. Since the queen has been kidnapped by the enemy, Uran-chan was asked to fill in for the queen for a while.
"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl leads the charge against the invaders!
Uran-chan took the lead of the queen's troops, and together they left the castle in order to attack the enemy. "Aaaargh, it's the tomboy queen! Everybody run away, flee for your life!" The enemy was totally taken aback.
"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Astro Girl protects the sleeping Green Princess!
The real queen however was locked up within a glass chamber on a rocky mountain. Its guard is a terrifying monster. "Alright, with my 100'000 horsepower I'm going to finish this guy off." Uran-chan fought against the monster and broke off its horns.
"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:As Astro Boy meets the real Green Princess, Astro Girl quietly slips away, having done a good deed: her mission accomplished!
As soon as Uran-chan rescued the queen and came back with her, the king came for reconciliation. "I'm sorry. Let's not quarrel anymore, ok?" Since the king was the spitting image of Atom, Uran suddenly didn't like to meet brother Atom again. "Goodbye. Get along well, ok?" Uran-chan went back to earth. What a cute little story! I was a little saddened by Uran's feelings against brother Atom in the end (after all, it isn't Atom's fault that the quarreling king happened too look like Atom himself). I also didn't spot any mention about the queen & king being robots; I guess it's up to the reader to draw the conclusion. :-) Apparently, here Uran is equipped with 100'000 HP, rather than just 10'000. Perhaps the stuff at Mushi Pro took some liberties here.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much Strange Wings! As I said before I had not translated the story, but was merely going by what the pictures appeared to be. Just to make it it clear I never said Astro Girl was masquerading as the queen, merely sitting in for her. Nor that the green queen was a robot. I just thought that was an interesting plot point that turned out not to be the case. And I did say at one point that "hibernate" was probably not the best word for the queen's situation. It was that to me the queen just appeared to be "sleeping" in her "glass chamber" ala "Sleeping Beauty" or Japan's "The Shining Princess" which I thought somehow might be the inspiration for this story. Thank you again. This was a very rare item and I was happy to share it with everyone and because of your assistance we all understand Astro Girl's solo adventure even better. BTW, I don't think we can blame Astro Girl for being taken aback when she sees that the King resembles her brother because the implications would be weird for any girl seeing her doppelganger romantically involved with her brother's lookalike!

I :heart: :astro: :)

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Strange Wing, I hope you don't mind, but I have decided to re-post the images using your translations. So here goes:

"THE TALE OF THE GREEN QUEEN!"

While Astro Girl was strolling around, a flying saucer suddenly landed in front of her. Out of the saucer came a group of green-colored men who bowed before her and pleaded "Young lady, please come with us to our planet. It's very urgent!"
Attachments
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 2.jpg
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 2.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Astro Girl boarded the flying saucer and flew away from the Earth.
"To tell you the truth, we would like you to become a substitute for the queen of our country."
Astro Girl was surprised. At that moment, mysterious looking rockets appeared and started to attack the flying saucer.
Attachments
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 3.jpg
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 3.jpg (66.87 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

The planet, Astro Girl was about to land on, was called "The Green Country", where both its king and queen were quarreling and both their troops were waging war against each other. Since the queen has been kidnapped Astro Girl was asked to fill in for the queen for awhile.
Attachments
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 4.jpg
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 4.jpg (63.67 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”