STARRING "ASTRO GIRL"!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

Astro Girl took the lead of the queen's troops, and together they left the castle in order to attack the enemy.
"Aaaargh, it's the tomboy queen! Everybody run away! Flee for your lives!"
The enemy was totally routed.
Attachments
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 5.jpg
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 5.jpg (65.51 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

The real queen however was locked up within a glass chamber on a rocky mountain. Its guard is a terrifying monster.
"Alright, with my 100,000 horsepower, I'm going to finish this guy off!"
Astro Girl fought against the monster and broke off its horns.
Attachments
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 6.jpg
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS# 6.jpg (71.92 KiB) Viewed 1543 times

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

As soon as Astro Girl has rescued the queen and returned with her, the king comes over to reconcile.
I'm sorry. Let's not quarrel anymore, okay?
Since the king was the spitting image of Astro Boy, suddenly Astro Girl did not want to see Astro Boy again.
"Goodbye! Get along well, okay?"
Astro Girl takes her leave and heads home.

Thanks again to Strange Wing.

I :heart: :astro: :D
Attachments
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS--EPILOGUE.jpg
ASTRO GIRL IN--TALE OF THE GREEN PRINCESS--EPILOGUE.jpg (58.65 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

OMG!! What a crazy story!!!!

Thank you Strange Wings and Astrobuddy for sharing this! I have to say . . . I CAN understand Uran being freaked out by seeing the King look like Astro! :eek:

I actually had an experience where - after MONTHS of becoming "phone friends" with a guy who was a sales rep for a supplier for a company I worked for, we decided to meet for dinner - a date! Mind you I got along with this guy SO WELL and I was thrilled to be meeting him, finally (waaayyy before the internet and email!)

Well, imagine my shock when he walked over to the table and and I almost fainted from shock: HE LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE MY BROTHER!!!! OMG!!! Mind you, my brother is a handsome guy . . . but . . . HE'S MY BROTHER. :sick: This poor guy thought I was lying to him, but I swear I just couldn't KISS my BROTHER (like THAT!!)

:lol: :lol: I can just imagine what Uran was thinking: "EEEWWW!! Get me outta here!!" :lol:

Maybe she was worried he'd be thrilled to have brunette version of his wifey!! :lol:

:astro: -- wooo hooo! Two of 'em!!

:tezuka: don't go there Astro, it's a goofy story

:astro: - That's KING Astro! :d evil:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Wow! What a weird coincident, AprilSeven!
But to change the subject a little, I was just wondering if any one other than myself sees in this story some story elements borrowed from "The Prisoner of Zenda"? Like the use of a lookalike (here in the form of Astro Girl) sitting in for the real Queen and the real Queen being held as a prisoner. There are probably other elements that may have been borrowed from other stories, but "TPoZ" is the only one that comes immediately to mind.
Also the use of Astro Girl as the star is very unusual, especially since there appears to be no episode in the original series, which were the basis for this series of story books, to be the inspiration for this tale.
Here are my thoughts on that: a story featuring Astro Girl may have been decided on as she was a popular character and this would be a way to cash in on that popularity.
Or "The Tale of the Green Queen" may have been an episode that was not completed for the anime due to some cost cutting of the production of the series and it was decided to use it as part of the story book series instead. It would be interesting to see if any one else agrees or disagrees with me or has any other ideas.
Any way isn't it great to see Uranium in a story all her own. The other series (1980 and 2003) do give her a featured role in some of the episodes, but I don't think she ever got her own episode in the original series.

I :heart: :astro: :)
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

I loved both Ronald Colman & Maxwell Smart in the role of TPoZ! :D Also, Professor Fate. :lol:

Now that I have read the translation, GENERAL ATOM comes to mind as being a bit similar. Atom lands in a land that Fred Ladd calls 'Uglia', & is mistaken for a robot that was modeled on him. He ends up leading a rebellion against Mason & his soldiers. I omit other details, as they are irrelevant to this discussion.

BTW, Uran is mistaken for the prince in 102, Queen of the Devils' Place (93, Jungle Mystery).

I had another thought, but it has escaped me. :p

BTW, thanks STRANGE WINGS & ASTROBUDDY for the translations.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

I had to pull out my copy of "General Astro", because it's been awhile since I've watched the episode. It looks like both "GA" and "TTotGQ" found inspiration from the same or similar sources. Or even other sources, like how about that "Trojan horse" bit.
Any way, thank you for your post.
Any other comments?

I :heart: :astro: :)
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

From me, just a huge thank you to both Strange Wings and you! :D It was very enjoyable to read the story again with the images and translations together! :w00t:

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"jeffbert" wrote:I loved both Ronald Colman & Maxwell Smart in the role of TPoZ! :D Also, Professor Fate. :lol:

Now that I have read the translation, GENERAL ATOM comes to mind as being a bit similar. Atom lands in a land that Fred Ladd calls 'Uglia', & is mistaken for a robot that was modeled on him. He ends up leading a rebellion against Mason & his soldiers. I omit other details, as they are irrelevant to this discussion.

BTW, Uran is mistaken for the prince in 102, Queen of the Devils' Place (93, Jungle Mystery).

I had another thought, but it has escaped me. :p

BTW, thanks STRANGE WINGS & ASTROBUDDY for the translations.

Who is "Professor Fate"?

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

hi- did you say URAN WAS MISTAKEN FOR A PRINCE? GIGGLES NO WAY- ? SHE IS ALL CUTE ROBOT FEMALE to the max- hugs sweetly- ASTROBOY maybe but URAN a prince?- princess yes- giggles and love all of you very much- pray you all the very best possible future

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”