Astroboy's Crushes

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 11 years ago

He had a wife right? So I'm sure his ending was happy.
Maybe he was unlucky in love before.

Edit: I happened upon a picture of the two :)
Aww they're so cute
Last edited by Juanita on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

Oh, what a lovely picture! :) Hmm, so just for the drama, then. Hey, makes for very compelling stories, right?

Spica was a blonde? Interesting... I need to have a look at that disc... (none of the files but Atom Cat worked, so disc it is, hopefully)
lolwut

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:WAIT - I have yet another blond!!

Spica, the transforming android from the Astro Boy with built-in soft drink dispensing era. And heck he even asked her to be his girlfriend and live with him!!! :rolleyes: Of course this is after he pulled out her antennas because she was trying to advise her creators to destroy the earth. :eek:

See? Even someone as perfect as Astro has problems in love!

I do not have any color images of Spica. :lol:

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

Well, whatever color it is, it's definitely a lighter one, so blonde is a very safe bet, if you don't take into account that she's an alien- an alien android, no less- so her hair could be any kind of freaky color! I haven't seen any pictures of her recently, but for some reason, I'm imagining almost everything about her is a light green (not very unlike Denkou in the '03 series).
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 11 years ago

What a lovely picture, I knew he got married but I didn't know his wife was so beautiful.

Maybe he was unlucky before he met his wife, or maybe he just liked having that as an easy access for drama in his works. The whole dramatic/tragic love-story is popular throughout all cultures and fairly easy to bank on, and it's an easy excuse for characters being a certain way (such as a very dark personality being the result of a loss of a lover etcetera).

Back on track though, Atom definitely has a liking for blondes!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

Blondes must be even rarer among Asians than in the US which makes that a bit more interesting. Same with eye color, I think brown eyes are more common in Asians than in the north American population. Something to keep in mind considering the manga's original audience.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 11 years ago

When I was studying Japanese and working as an RA for the local Japanese girl school here in my city the overall consensus was that to the Japanese blondes were the bees knees (yes old term but I like it).

The girls that attended Mukogawa often bleached their hair as soon as they arrived because most of them were right out of highschool and their schools often prohibit ANY hair alteration and even make-up. Coming to America is just that liberating to them. They always wanted to be blonde if they did dye their hair, and they were often obsessed with blonde boys (or the occasional blonde girl, darn it for me being a redhead). Before they went back home they died their hair back to its natural hair color, and hoped that their family would not notice (these girls also often came from higher-class families with strict rules, one girl had to CALL HOME to ask for permission to go to the mall, no joke).

So from my own experiences, the Japanese are a little bit enthralled by the idea of blonde and blue eyes, and it makes sense when you consider that they are a homogenic people, resulting primarily in dark hair and dark eyes whereas in America and in Europe the people are heterogenic resulting in a variation of hair/eye color. If you grow up surrounded by people with the same color of hair and eyes you'd probably long for something different too. Maybe that's also why so much of their anime has wild colored hair...

Of course this is just from my experience and there are probably many many Japanese that don't find blondes all that and prefer brunettes... or redheads.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 11 years ago

Hmm I never thought of it that way. That actually makes a lot of sense.
Thanks guys!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HI-THANKS SOPIKAMEOWMEOW- YOUR STORY ABOUT THAT LITTLE BOY IS SO ADORABLY SWEET! IF THAT HAPPEN TO ME I WOULD MELT! GIGGLES

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”