Tezuka Funko Pops

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

The Ochanomizu appears to be a "pre-release", so he should be in stock in a greater amount in a few weeks to a month. I remember when the Funko Pop figure of Samantha Baker from Sixteen Candles went on pre-release, and it was twice as expensive online. I tried to buy an Ochanomizu figure, but he was clocking in at $50 CAD...

Pluto and Astro seem to have just been released, so they ought to be available in Japanese and Hong Kong markets soon.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:
I'm actually going to have to figure out a way to make the money...

click for spoilerYou can try to donate your plasma if you are eligible to do so, in lieu of a paying job it can get you up to $400 a month depending on your area. Most places you can earn $20-$30 per donation.

Nnnnope, uh-uh, not doing that. I might have heard that it is painful? Also, they have a pretty strict eligibility thing to go by. I believe both my mom and my brother tried that route once. I dunno if I even qualify, for one thing; it takes forever to even find out. Also, I have a thing about needles. Nope. Nope. Nope.

(I'm sorry if I sound selfish; it's just that the prospects strike me as inherently awful. Btw, I don't have a means of traveling by myself. I can make money another way- and I really, truly need it now; the fan on this computer is starting to go funny, and I need to get it fixed, if at all possible.)
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

I saw pictures of these. Kinda typical the only Funko Pop figures I'd buy are only available in Asia. *pouts*

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Idk; I'm pretty sure I saw that someone had a Toothless once... I'd kinda like my dragon bby...

But I know what you mean. The things we want the most are the things that are most likely unobtainable to us, even with hard work. Like that Range Murata-styled vinyl figure... (still salty about that...)
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

they're good figures. I've just never had a huge interest in them until now. Man, slap Astro Boy on anything and I'm a lot more likely to buy it :lol:

Sorry about the Range Murata-styled vinyl figure. I collect a lot of toys often have this problem. Seriously, all the best GI Joe toys nowadays are so often club exclusives, or worse. Convention exclusives.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Exclusives of anything, especially by country or convention, make me unhappy. Particularly if it's something that I can conceive of myself wanting, or actually do want. Like so... Even if I could make the money, I likely couldn't spend it yet...
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

I know, right? I think they actually ruin the casual fun of collecting.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Well they can, if you can't get them/don't have them. They're bragging rights for anyone who manages to snag one. Really, though, I'm mostly just interested in Astro Boy merch, as I currently have none, barring some of the actual reading materials, which does not count. :T
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

I'm not about bragging rights either but it seems nowadays most toy collectors are since this sort of thing is become more and more common. Toy costs rising and child interest declining probably doesn't help either :/
Yeah, I'm a long time toy collector and I follow the toy industry pretty heavily. If you saw my room, you'd think it belonged to a spoiled eight year old XD

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Hm, never really had much interest in toy collecting as an adult... I just see things and decide that I want them, on an impulse, most of the time. (That's how I acquired my Beanie Boo unicorn, and the littler bat, last year...)

If it's cute, then the likelihood that I'll want it goes up. The same if it's something cool.
lolwut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”