Tezuka Funko Pops

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

That's cool. I find myself somewhere in the middle. I'm more into it than that but not as hardcore about it as those who gotta "collect them all" and spend hundreds for convention/region exclusives.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

I'm the type to only want certain things, sure; but I've got a problem when the thing I want happens to be exclusive to somewhere else. :T
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

yeah, I totally get it. Like I said, I'm not exactly a completest myself

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I'm kind of worried I might turn into one, simply because I've never done it before and it might be "fun". And also, bragging rights. :T But, it might not be worth the pain and trouble...
lolwut

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

There's an eBay vendor from Guangzhou selling the official Dr. Ochanomizu Funko Pop figures here, for $14.99 USD. I've checked their feedback, and they sell authentic merchandise, so this isn't a bootleg. (Be careful in the future for Pop knockoffs. I haven't seen them yet, but I can sense they may emerge.)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I wonder if they'll eventually obtain the Atom figure. That's the only one that I care about.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:I'm kind of worried I might turn into one, simply because I've never done it before and it might be "fun". And also, bragging rights. :T But, it might not be worth the pain and trouble...

It would probably be fun if I had that kind of money but since I don't I personally don't find it worth the trouble

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

See, that's the thing. Money can get you a lot of the things that at one time, might have been considered "exclusives". I'd definitely buy loads of crap, if I could. But, there is another side to it: actually attending the events that some of these things were sold at, and I think, sometimes, maybe even given away. Particularly with that latter one, it's like it was meant for you. They meant you to have this thing; whereas if you bought it offline, you're basically buying somebody else's gift, or something like that. I mean, sure, they clearly did not actually want it if they're willing to hock it the moment they get home and get on eBay, but... idk. Maybe I just ascribe too much sentimental value to things that I shouldn't. But it's part of why I like new things better than buying used... but used items are more within my (technically nonexistent) price range...
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

I get the feeling. On one hand, too many people (like me) are physically incapable of getting to the places they're sold at so options are nice. But on the other hand, it's similar to buying a souvenir online rather than going to the place they sell it at. It does kind of spoil the feeling. Like going to Disney World and buying a special t-shirt or collectible only sold there. It doesn't mean quite the same when you go online and have it ordered to your house without even stepping foot into Disney World.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

The only negative aspect, for me, of buying Funko Pop figures online is that I can't personally inspect each one before choosing the best-looking figure to buy. Sometimes there are minor factory errors like air bubbles in paint, streaks, or discolourations from incorrect paint placement and the ensuing removal. I have a wall of Pop figures behind me, and they almost all have perfect paint (aside from the ones I've gotten through Disney Movie Rewards or as gifts.)

I'm going to get the Ochanomizu while I still can. The Astro Boy figure was released at SDCC and Toy Tokyo, so he's available for $69 AUD at the cheapest right now.
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”