Go Astro Boy Go! (2019 Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

"YJ_Doodle" wrote:Korean translation tells me that Ochanomizu is again Atom's guardian, and that girl in the poster is his granddaughter. The cat's name seems to be "Astro Kitty"(Basically Atomcat) and there are two professors- "Dr. Brant" who has a profession with animals, and "Dr. Serena" who has a profession with plants.

Thank you for the additional info! So that disproves the "ginger Tenma" speculation. I'm actually pretty relieved about that.

Also, it seems like we've been getting to see a little more of Dr. Ochanomizu's family in recent official Astro Boy material, from Ran in Atom: The Beginning to his granddaughter in this version. Now I'd like to know who Ochanomizu married and who his own children are!

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 7 years ago

Well, he did have a wife(deceased) and grandson in PLUTO....

I've always enjoyed the idea of Ochanomizu having a family, it fits his fatherly character so well.

Tnarrud
Kokoro Robot

Postby Tnarrud » 7 years ago

That's Astro Cat in the background - he and Astro have never appeared in an anime or manga together because Astro was depicted as a fictional character in the ASTRO CAT manga!

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 7 years ago

What good news. Ochanomizu having a family is a concept that just makes me really happy. He seems like he'd be a great dad/grandpa.
It's a magical day!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 7 years ago

"Sporkia" wrote:What good news. Ochanomizu having a family is a concept that just makes me really happy. He seems like he'd be a great dad/grandpa.

Oh he'd totally be a doting grandpa. Just look at how he was in the 2003 version, with no known family beyond the robokids. I bet he spoils his grandkids.
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

As mentioned in the Astro Boy Reboot thread, Ochanomizu's granddaughter's name is Suzu:

http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?p=240002#post240002

CommanderEVE wrote:TV-Anime "Little Astro Boy"
(Intended for children aged 4~6)
A baby robot is created in a remote island lab. The topics revolve around environmental problems. The director of the research facility and guardian of Astro Boy, "Dr. Ochanomizu", his granddaughter "Suzu", the robot kitten "Astro Kitty", and "Dr. Serena" are recurring characters. A Japanese-French co-production. 52 episodes, 11 minutes each. Production cost: About 600,000,000 Yen.
[B]

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

What's with the pink headed girls these days? Seems like a trend in recent Astro Boy adaptations... XD

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"YJ_Doodle" wrote:What's with the pink headed girls these days? Seems like a trend in recent Astro Boy adaptations... XD

Suzu's hair is orange, not pink. :confused:

gokaiblue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby gokaiblue » 7 years ago

He's officially considered a baby in this? Interesting
Last edited by gokaiblue on Tue May 17, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

"Shiyonasan" wrote:[QUOTE=YJ_Doodle;240009]What's with the pink headed girls these days? Seems like a trend in recent Astro Boy adaptations... XD

Suzu's hair is orange, not pink. :confused: [/QUOTE]

Oops, I must've assumed because it was reddish at a glance. The general redhead thing is reoccurring, though. :unsure:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”