Obsessions!

Off topic discussion.
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

I've rediscovered a long time obsession with Dick Tracy. I was majorly into it when the movie came out in '90 (I was six at the time) and a recently nostalgia rush has me obsessed with the movie all over again.
I'm also obsessed with action figures. From GI Joe, DC, Marvel, Thundercats, and other things that just catch my interest.

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Eh, well as much as I truly hate to admit this. I use to be big into Pokemon when I was very young. Now after comparing it to older anime, I don't even classify it as anime. If anything it is an embarrassment to anime (well except for the video games) but that's just my opinion.

I shouldn't have to say that I am into Astro Boy but I wouldn't say it's an obsession. I truly love all the series excluding the film and I think it needs to be experienced by anyone that likes anime.

Currently I'm really obsessed with World of Warcraft which I am somewhat ashamed to admit, but I still play it daily.

A long time obsession of mine since I've been into Metal, is a group called "Slipknot" I've been listening to these guys for years.

Yea, it's things like this that make me wonder why I like Astro Boy so much. It is somewhat of an obsession, but I honestly don't know why I like the Astro Boy series. I've been into it for only a year now, but I still can't put my finger on why I like it so much. It's just beyond me.

Oh yea one BIG OBSESSION that I had for a couple of years.

I use to big into this video game series. I even have three of the game's novels. I was such a Halo Fanboy a few years ago, you wouldn't believe.
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

"Ghost" wrote:A long time obsession of mine since I've been into Metal is a group called "Slipknot"

I must admit, your taste is keen!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Well this is at the top of list!
I know some people don't like the film, but honestly I do, even if it could've been done better. Although I think the versions of the characters in it are why I adore it and write them in fanfics...except Stone =__________________=

WALL-EEEEEEEEE :heart: I wish they'd make a sequel just to see that cutie pie again! :lol: Sure he's called a Johnny 5 rip off but he's a beautiful one. Least they didn't do a Lion King, although to be fair Wall-e's appearence was a coincidence to Johnny, a real coincidence.

Resident Evil series. The films aren't that great *what adaption from a game is* but the games are truely awesome. The whole experiment creature things gets me and storyline, exploring and puzzles are fun too. Favourite had to be the third game where you're chased by this thing called Nemesis.

It's this series that also brought back the zombies, thank it or hate it for that! :hyo:

The twisted world of the Silent Hill games with a misty town and creepy monsters. A true horror game that's given me scares, even in the simple ways they use sounds like scrapping in the distance or description to creep you out. For example the picture above, Heather exclaims it's just a giant blood stained rabbit plushie, but then she wonder "wait...is somebody inside?".

But my most favourite creepy one of them all is that from the fake haunted mansion at the amusement park. In a room is taped off with blood everywhere, an announcer on the speakers taunts that a family was killed there and then pretends "Don't worry, it's all just a joke". Heather quotes "So that whole thing never happen. But, if this is supposed to be fake, then why does it smell like real blood?"

The series has kind of lost it over the years, I wish they'd revert back to the first 3 games.

Fatal Frame, ne heck of a good horror series with use of ghosts that you capture with a camera in first person. The story is often the same, some crazed sacrifice ritiual to calm some hellish gate, something goes wrong (often from love conflicting it) and everybody dies, then you the player come along a couple years later and wet your pants scared trying to free them. :cry:

Sigh, like many series this one is already losing it's touch. They're now more focused on showing women with little clothing running around in the dark, when they wouldn't because it'd be freezing cold =_=.

Fatal Frame/Project Zero 2 is the best one, the recent ones on wii haven't been released over states...maybe due to the reasons above @_@

Serial Experiment Lain, jee, only anime on here. I adore it for it's weirdness and I feel bad for the character. If there was any anime I'd love a remake of it'd be this! :heart:

Edit:
Oh forgot this one too, was into it for years! XD
Galerians, about a kid named Rion with psychic powers who has to stop this super computer Dorothy and her 'Galerian' children from wiping out the human race. Rion who wakes up with no memory and winds up killing everybody. Why? Because he felt like it.

Rion reminds me of an alter ego Astro. Heck, if Astro were implanted with the Red Core, most likely he would've been the messed up kid that was Rion. Although Rion isn't really evil, he's just had it tough.

Funny things that remind me of Astro Boy too are there two computer scientists, one Rion's father (Tenma!? XD) who invented Dorothy. And the other funny connection is that Rion isn't Rion at all but another Galerian, in likeness with Toby dying and being replaced with Astro. Even Cain's words "Rion's memories were implanted in your brain and your face was made up to look just like his" XD stupid I know, I can't help it.

Sadly this was one of those series that could've been awesome but failed to be done right. Galerians Ash the sequel should never been made and the first game voice acting is really, really bad. It's the Galerians: Rion where my love for the series lyes.
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

My obcession is Anime & manga of various kinds if I made a list it be very long,I've been a fan of anime styled shows since kindergarden/1st grade and loved the PowerPuff girls be ause they had a more anime style.i would write more if my iPod would be more finger flexible :d oh:
Unyongnekasayo

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:I've rediscovered a long time obsession with Dick Tracy. I was majorly into it when the movie came out in '90 (I was six at the time) and a recently nostalgia rush has me obsessed with the movie all over again.

TCM shows old Tracy films once in a while, my favorite is DT meets Gruesome, if, for no better reason than Karloff portrays G. I think TCM also showed a DT serial, but it was really silly, intended for the Saturday matinee kiddie crowd. :D

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

TOHOHO..i cant post all of mine caus ei have too many XD no im serious; some of my obsessions only lasted two days :s

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 13 years ago

My only real obsession's are Anime Manga and Sci-fi Especially Tezuka in Anime and Manga and Wells in Sci-fi.

Well i typed all hole story about it actually but my pc suddenly gave that stupid blue screen and it was gone i really don't want to type all of that argain now ... some examples

This movie is really highly recomended it really made me to a sci-fi fan.

Image no mater how much i love tezuka One Piece is my favourite series of everything it has everthing.

Image The Outer limits is really a mindblowing sci-fi classic along with The Twilight Zone.

Who doesn't like Yu Yu Hakusho it's amazing

Tezuka's Phoenix manga is so greate it really had a greate impact on me can't understand why viz is treating it so badly i still gotta get a few volumes.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

CaptainAstro
Banned

Postby CaptainAstro » 13 years ago

uhh F-man?

about sonic the hengehog?

his ex-girlfriend amy rose want to marry him!!! :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :eek: :eek:

if she marrys sonic,ill go super coco crazy!!!!!!! :eek: :o hmy: :eek: :o hmy: :d oh: :d evil: :eek: :d oh: :o hmy: :w00t:
My ship is called Time And Relitive Dimention In Space!
or for short the TARDIS! :D :D :D :D :D

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"CaptainAstro" wrote:uhh F-man?

about sonic the hengehog?

his ex-girlfriend amy rose want to marry him!!! :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :eek: :eek:

if she marrys sonic,ill go super coco crazy!!!!!!! :eek: :o hmy: :eek: :o hmy: :d oh: :d evil: :eek: :d oh: :o hmy: :w00t:

She can't. The gag is that Sonic being a solitary type, she's doomed to run after him forever. She never went out with him either, so she isn't an "ex-girlfriend."
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “General Discussion”