Pledge to get Marine Express, Black Jack DVDs and more

Off topic discussion.
Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Little Brown Fox;210157]Eeeeh, I wish there was more I could do~! I'm using my Wii (my sister let me borrow her laptop so I could finish watching Marine Express on Youtube, ironically enough; but it wasn't fully charged, so it crapped out not long after- I guess I'll wait to watch those fansubs another time :whistling: ), so I can't copy and paste links; the best I can do is ask someone to give me the address so I can write it down manually, on a sheet of paper, and carefully copy it down somewhere else- not that there are many places I can go on this thing, though.

Btw, I've been watching Blue Blink on Youtube (the buffering problem I've been having lately really gets on my nerves!). I've only watched, like, four or five episodes so far, but it's not so bad, though I sincerely wish Kakeru would SHUT UP whenever he starts to whine. I'm sad that I can't contribute to these pledges... and that the DVDs will be so limited-run. It makes me nervous, actually, to think that if the '60s and '03 series ever DID get proper subs and DVD releases... OH! That reminds me; what about all the unreleased Astro Boy OVAs? Like the '03 precursor? And the official movie release for the '03 series?

Those rare Astro Boy short movies are definitely things we might see on Anime Sols at some point! I hope their forums open soon so we can start making them requests...

By the way, if you ever get access to a laptop again, I suggest watching the Anime Sols streams over the Viki ones. The picture AND translation quality is worlds better! ;) [/QUOTE]

YES! Let's hope they can get those on AnimeSols as well. I would LOVE to have those in my collection!

Little Brown Fox

I think it has less to do with Disney licensing fees, and more to do with the rights to the original Peter Pan story. I remember reading that the reason they couldn't dub Eternal Boy was because the original story is still under copyright of the Great Ormand Street Hospital, though whether or not that information is entirely accurate I couldn't tell you.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

I read that they were concerned that Disney would raise hell, so to speak. They DID dub a small clip of it, in that horrible "clipshow" episode.
lolwut

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

After a good start pledges have been going down ... come on people show we want this stuff if it doesn't work now it's never going to work ...

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Spread it around! Go to other websites and talk about it! Even better, post links if you can! Just be careful not to do anything against the websites' respective rules. And don't join a website just to advertise; most people find that rude.
lolwut

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

Depending on how you put it, this isn't necessarily advertizing. If you emphasize that this is an industry first and changing the way we consume anime entertainment, it's news. I agree it's a bit rude to join a website just to advertize it, though.
I'm on Twitter.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

There's a place I'd like to go and squawk about it, but it doesn't load well on the Wii. :(
lolwut

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

By the way, if the three 24 Hour TV Specials don't make it in time, we won't get the other five: Bremen Four, Prime Rose, Bagi, Border Planet and The Tale of Osamu Tezuka.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Prime Rose but it's just awesome. Bagi is a fan-favorite for many as well. So let's pledge pledge pledge!
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:By the way, if the three 24 Hour TV Specials don't make it in time, we won't get the other five: Bremen Four, Prime Rose, Bagi, Border Planet and The Tale of Osamu Tezuka.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Prime Rose but it's just awesome. Bagi is a fan-favorite for many as well. So let's pledge pledge pledge!

I'm going to get on there later today for this one. Maybe a note on the ff.net site forums would be a good idea
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

Well the specials and Black Jack have gone up a bit more at least but i'm kinda scared that blue blink isn' going to make it, at this moment it is even the lowest it doesn't deserve that but why did they start with so many titles at the same time ?

Yes to bring out an episode from a series each day but if that causes a series not to get funded then what's the point of that stuff.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Actually, they don't really have that many. And if what you're saying is true, then there isn't much demand for these titles. Pity. I sort of like Blue Blink (even though I've been watching the poorly-subbed version on Youtube; granted not much, because my Wii's Youtube Channel has decided that it likes to buffer every few seconds during most episodes of Blue Blink- I think I've only seen up to five or six because of this :( ).
lolwut

Return to “General Discussion”