Tutorial on images manipulation

Off topic discussion.
adi_nugraha
Kokoro Robot

Postby adi_nugraha » 13 years ago

wow,that`s cool,what about "inkScape"..? this is Very Simple Software..!
Facebook
Twitter
[url=lesehan-blog.blogspot.com]Blog (Id language)[/url]
I`m Modeling, I`m Editing, I`m Animator, I`m AstroBoy Fans

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Just downloaded Gimp 2.6 after my Photoshop CS5 trial run ran out. These two programs are extremely similar...and Gimp is free!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

I will try GIMP, but I really do not want to take much time to learn its use.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I will try GIMP, but I really do not want to take much time to learn its use.

Prepare to be disappointed. It's hard to learn, I still don't even know how to do simple things with it.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

I did figure out how to use most of it, but it took a while. The tutorial on how to make an animated avatar was little to no help to me because I couldn't even figure out how to do what was shown in the pictures and descriptions. I pretty much figured most of it out myself, which took a while, but I did get it.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

I made a YouTube video on how to make animations.

Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4iU5WJkJac

My audio wasn't working, so I put the instructions in the description.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;117348]I will try GIMP, but I really do not want to take much time to learn its use.

Prepare to be disappointed. It's hard to learn, I still don't even know how to do simple things with it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. Sure, sure, it says that it is easy but its annoying and difficult, especially if you came from Photoshop like me. I decided to make a simple GIF, but it took me ALL afternoon (along with slow downloading, microsoft paint problems as well as computer freezes) to finish the thing ( I am really p!ssed right now) ... :shifty:

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

There is an easy program where you can make GIFs. Its called Photoscape (its also free). You can edit pictures with it too (comes with speech bubbles, etc...).

Making a GIF is really easy with Photoscape (I've never tried to make a GIF with GIMP... way to confusing).

1. All you have to do is click the 'Animated GIF' button (On the main menu) on your right (near the bottom). Once you are there (the GIF making thing...) you just have to place the pictures you want to use in the white bar on the top.

2. The pictures you can use are straight from your computer. The pictures will be thumbnails (I think) at the left side of the GIF making place.

3. There will be a preview of you GIF on the bottom (in the middle).

4. You can change the time (on your right) by clicking the 'change time' button. You can make your GIF go slower or faster. Faster would probably be best if you want to make a moving GIF move smoothly. Slow would be good for a kind of slide show.

5. Under the 'change time' button is a 'change effect' button. Click on it if you want to change how you GIF moves. Like, you can make the GIF move to the left, right, down or up (there a few other effects).

6. Under the 'change effect' button is where you can change how big your GIF is. 50 would probably be good for an avatar (if you need a small GIF). But in some cases, you will have to make it smaller to make it work.

7. Then, under that button, you can change your GIF from 'stretch' to 'image full (no enlargement)'. Stretch makes the GIF stretch upwards. Image full (no enlargement) makes the pictures you want to use be the same size as they always are. Its not very good if you pictures are different sizes.

8. Finally, on the bottom, is where you can change the 'photo align'. (I don't exactly know what that is...)

9. Last but not least, when you want to save you GIF, just click the 'Save' button on the right. You can chose what you want to name you GIF and save it into a folder in your computer.

I'm not really good at explaining stuff, but I hope this helped. ^^;

Download link: http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php
Last edited by Black Rabbit on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

"Androids101" wrote:[QUOTE=Dr. Jerk;117351][QUOTE=jeffbert;117348]I will try GIMP, but I really do not want to take much time to learn its use.

Prepare to be disappointed. It's hard to learn, I still don't even know how to do simple things with it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. Sure, sure, it says that it is easy but its annoying and difficult, especially if you came from Photoshop like me. I decided to make a simple GIF, but it took me ALL afternoon (along with slow downloading, microsoft paint problems as well as computer freezes) to finish the thing ( I am really p!ssed right now) ... :shifty: [/QUOTE]

No joke? It took me about 5 minutes to put together all the pictures and save it as a GIF. In my opinion, GIMP is very practical and easy to use, if you know what you're doing.

I could make a more detailed video with audio if you would like.

EDIT: I actually will make another video that is a little more in depth (it will have audio this time) and I'll make sure that even a 5th grader could understand how to use it (my sister) if he/she watched the video ;)
Last edited by Astro Boy2866 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

The problem is not with the GIMP feature (which I don't think Photoshop even can do) but some other problems, notably the cropping feature as well as the new picture feature (has to reset it every time). And microsoft paint further complicated things.

Return to “General Discussion”