Banned Astro Boy "Eternal Boy" ep 20

Off topic discussion.
MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 15 years ago

When you say "banned" I presume you only mean from the English dub. Right?

There's no talk at all of actually banning it in Japan itself. Is there?

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TasZero » 15 years ago

I am pretty sure its only the English episode... no idea why... then again I didn't really look it up or watch it (would love a high quality copy of Japanese one though)

I think the word official chosen was "omitted" instead of banned, that seems a little too powerful a word.
Lets back it up nice and slow now...

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 15 years ago

"TasZero" wrote:I am pretty sure its only the English episode... no idea why... then again I didn't really look it up or watch it (would love a high quality copy of Japanese one though)

I think the word official chosen was "omitted" instead of banned, that seems a little too powerful a word.

Yes the dubbed episode it would seem. :astro:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

"MightyAstro" wrote:When you say "banned" I presume you only mean from the English dub. Right?

cybotron likes to use the word "ban" in many contexts, don't take it too seriously ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 15 years ago

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=MightyAstro;88447]When you say "banned" I presume you only mean from the English dub. Right?

cybotron likes to use the word "ban" in many contexts, don't take it too seriously ;) [/QUOTE]

I knew someone would say that. I did not apply "ban" to this video the person who posted it used "dropped." Did you watch it? :w00t:
I should have used dropped perhaps?
Exact cut and paste....

"....Original episode #20 from the 2003 Astro Boy series. It got dropped from the dubbed DVD release due to copyright issues.

Grab the vids with download software while you can, I don't know how long they'll remain here.
Alas, the subtitles are rather poor (you surely know why ;-) , but the storyline should be easy to figure out nonetheless. :-) ...."

:p

Yeah but only the banned stuff is the best!
Heck even I've been banned. I have a collection of actual banned movies!
Last edited by cybotron on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

It's a fun word. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! XD

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

One has to wonder though, if it got onto youtube, then it must have been in higher quality as one part. Thats the version of it I want....
Either way I'll still be adding this one to my collection.

And I still think omitted is a more fun word in this situation. Its suitable because we don't actually know the real reason it was banned, only speculate. It really is a pity they didn't just include it like the all the other episodes, the replacement "recap episode" was terrible due to the inconsistency with the Japanese version, such as showing the boy in the wheelchair who never appeared in the English version.

Lets back it up nice and slow now...

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Double post.... x.x
Just thought I would tell you the episode has been removed....x.x on the same day I go to watch it (now my download limit has returned) any chance of a dif link or download?

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

I have it on my hard disk, I can make it available to you if you want.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

That would be great.

Return to “General Discussion”