Any DC or Marvel comic fans here?

Off topic discussion.
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Xenops" wrote:[QUOTE=Dr. Jerk;120835]I'm not too big on American comics, but for some time I did kinda like Batman... and no, not because of 'The Dark Knight' which I still haven't seen and don't really care much for.

:o hmy: I would encourage you to watch it not because of Batman, but because of Heath Ledger's Joker. That is the reason to watch the movie.

An American comic writer/artist I would recommend is Mike Mignola. The Hellboy movies are not a good indication of his genius. Read his comics instead.

And I get the idea that Mr. Cage has been desperate for work. :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

Oh I know why people went to see the film, because of him.

I'm still not all that too interested to be frank. But I do respect the well-done work he had done. Certainly if he had lived, he would be most deserving of an Oscar.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I actually was really impressed with Spiderman 3 when it showed on TV :p . I'm not much of a fan though... :rolleyes: :(

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

I was let down by FF the silver surfer because Galactis did not appear.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

I know, we might be getting past this but... I just had to show these.

These images are NOT photoshopped.
Image :eek:

Image :sick:

Here is a video of the Superman Lives suit.

Here is another video of Kevin Smith talking about his experience working on the project, and his strange encounter with the film's producer John Peters.

Thank the lord that this movie never made it into theaters!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

...>_<

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

AMEN TO THAT, SISTER!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

"GhostATR" wrote:Image

I was going to go on about this picture's eyeburn and lulzinesss and how Cage here looks like an ugly kid who hated me in elementary school, but I think David Tennant can convey my reaction better:

ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

Just discovered this thread and I have to put my two cents in. I am a DC fan and have been since way back when DC was officially National Periodical Pub., but we kids still called them DC. My favorite hero is Green Lantern and I am looking forward to seeing the new Green Lantern movie when its released in June the weekend of my birthday. Right now I must own as much Green Lantern memorablia as I do Astro Boy.

As for the "Dark Knight" movie, while it is not a favorite of mine, I do concede that it is a very well made superhero movie. Christian Bale deserves as much credit as does Heath Ledger, both giving great performances as good and evil. It is definitely well worth a look.

While I did read a few Marvels now and again and did like the very poorly animated Marvel Super Hero show of the 1960s, the DC comics for me were always brighter and did not have those soap opera plots that the Marvels had. (At least not in the early sixties.) I also love the JSA and the Legion as well as the original Teen Titans. Favorite artists would have to be: Wally Wood, Gil Kane, Mike Kaluta and Joe Kubert along with Nick Cardy and Ramona Fradon. Honorable mentions go out to Jim Aparo, Murphy Anderson, Win Mortimer and Ross & Andru.

Marvel had some great artists too like the King--Jack Kirby and later Barry Windsor-Smith.

While Green Lantern (secret identity--Hal Jordan) was my favorite comicbook character, Astro Boy was my favorite cartoon hero. And on top of my bookshelf, figures of both stand proudly side by side!

I :heart: :astro: :lol:
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Green Lantern? Green Lantern seems alright from the comics, the Green Lantern from the Justice League I know best. I can't really say that I'm up in arms for the movie with Ryan Reynolds. But keep in mind, the movie might suffer due to the fact that Reynolds is multitasking. (Playing Hal Jordan and Deadpool at the same time) Last time something like that happened was "Cat Woman" and "X-men 3" with Halie Berry.

Still the movie looks a little interesting.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

I have a bad habit it collecting things without restraint; I once had 3 of those comics boxes filled with Marvel comics. I started with Spiderman, "Peter Parker the Spectacular Spiderman," I even had one called "Peter PORKER the spectacular spider HAM" :lol: , & "MARVEL TEAM-UP." I not only bought back issues, but soon expanded my interests to many other Marvel comics. Quitting this was nearly as hard as quitting smoking! :lol: I now only read Spiderman in the Sunday comics, if I can get my brother to bring the Washington Post's comics when he comes up to Hanover.

Seeking everything Tezuka that is released in English still costs a ton less, and takes up less space.

But anyway, I enjoyed Spiderman, Iron Man, Avengers, X-Men, etc. I would still, but I know my weaknesses, so I must avoid them.

Return to “General Discussion”